Revell 1/48 Marines UH-34D Spacecraft recovery helicopter **FINISHED**

Hello,

Exhaust fitting test:  This is only a test.

2v2HwPSwdxJ21ND.jpg

Printed my own instrument panel from online pictures. The problem is I ran out of color ink in my printer and the lockdown has all stores closed.  So I printed in black ink only and added some color with acrylics.  I may add a few switches but not sure yet.

2v2HwPVs3xJ21ND.jpg

2v2HwPSKjxJ21ND.jpg

It is not that I don't like the kit's cyclic joystick, is that... well, OK, I don't like the kit's sticks in the background.

2v2HwPSUNxJ21ND.jpg  

Finally, even if they won't be seen, I can't stand a helicopter without control pedals.  Will tweak them a bit before installing.
2v2HwPSeyxJ21ND.jpg

Thanks,

Hello,

Up until 2 days ago, the nose of this aircraft was the most disappointing part of this build. To the point I considered either ordering another kit to try again or (GASP!) putting it aside altogether...  So, after hours of fighting it,  I'm happy to report it is now acceptable. I still don't like the yellow decal because of the the challenging shape but that's the best I could do.  Have I ever mentioned I don't like decals?
   Once again, masking tape came to the rescue. The bars over the grilles, the black separation line below the grilles (where the door actually open in the 1:1) and the lower grille frame is all painted masking tape. 
   There is a landing light at the bottom front of the nose.  The kit has a little round white decal for it. Yeah right, that won't cut it.  so I did my own light. Simply a dome of white glue.
I'm liking where this is going. I want to finish it so I can go back to cars...... or other helicopters....  or other aircraft...... or ........

2v2HfwNCMxJ21ND.jpg

There is still a decal pending for the side grille. 
2v2HfwNTvxJ21ND.jpg

2v2HfwN42xJ21ND.jpg

Thanks,

Ismael

Hello,

OK, so, it is not that I don't like the kit's parts. It is just that..... well, OK, I'm not normal. So what!  🙂

2v2HfS99jxJ21ND.jpg

The tail rotor blades were all serialized, pasteurized and homogenized
2v2HfS9JMxJ21ND.jpg

2v2HfS9EzxJ21ND.jpg

Keep in mind this is many times larger than actual size.

Thanks,

Ismael

Hello,

Entering the home stretch!  Most likely the last in-progress update before completion!
The whole purpose for this particular vehicle to exist is the rescue winch.  I'm working on that along with nav lights, some hydraulic lines, handles, steps, antennas etc. Still need to black wash the grilles below the cockpit.   The holes you see in the fuselage are for pending items to be installed. No, it wasn't shot at. 
I really hope to wrap this up soon.
Anyways, I think she can fly now as it is...

2v2HfSj9dxJ21ND.jpg

2v2HfSjuyxJ21ND.jpg

2v2HfSjJ5xJ21ND.jpg

JUST WARMING HER UP!!!

WHAT??  

CAN'T HEAR YOU!
2v2HfSjENxJ21ND.jpg

Thanks,

Ismael

Terrific work, Ishmael! The old helo looks very nice. You have done all of us and the whole world a service by completing this kit so wonderfully.  I too was disappointed with the level of and lack of detail in this kit.  But I am reminded that it is a very old mold. Your added details and superb painting really bring it to life. Congratulations, sir!

K/r, Dutch 

Hello,

Thank you all for the nice comments!  Appreciated!

Ok,   I said in the last post it was the last before completion.  Well, I lied 🙂

This is what the box stock winch looks like in the box

2v2Hfj4tdxJ21ND.jpg

Somehow I get down this rat hole...  8 more parts added to the original 2.
2v2Hfj4fGxJ21ND.jpg

And this is how it looks now.  Still pending dullcoat to tone down a bit.  Note the bottom brace was added as it was missing in the kit.
2v2Hfj46FxJ21ND.jpg

Still a few more tweaks but almost there!

Thanks,

Ismael