Covid-19 and how to help each other...no politics

6 hours ago, Thommo said:

Our whole state (NSW) is in lockdown for a week now because too many Mungbeans in Sydney can't follow the rules 🙄

“LET ME ZEE YOUR PAPERS”! BWAAAAHAHAHA!

• 4 weeks later...

In Thailand today they are registering new patients  with first doze to be Sinovac and the second to be Astra Zaneca  ,  is a mix being applied in your countries as well since WHO approved same this week ? The results have been positive and its reducing the time in between shots .

Edited by Dog1
3 hours ago, Dog1 said:

In Thailand today they are registering new patients  with first doze to be Sinovac and the second to be Astra Zaneca  , is this ok ?

That's a question  for science. Not a bunch of guys on a model airplane site.

Our area comes out of lockdown tomorrow as we have zero cases, which means I can get back to swim training & fishing 🏊‍♂️ 🐟 . 

But if we get more cases, we can go back into lockdown. 

Wife & I are fully vaxed now, as is youngest daughter, eldest has had her 1st jab. At 70% of the state vaxed, they are saying vaxed people will be able to do things the unvaxed can't (e.g. pubs, movies, restaurants etc).

My wife has to travel to Sydney today as her Aunt is dying in a nursing home and my wife & her siblings are her only relatives, next of kin & manage all her affairs.  Will be interesting to see if they make it there without being turned around by the police as technically we are still in lockdown till midnight.  She is loaded up with all the paperwork to prove the situation (compassionate reasons can allow you to leave your area)....so Swag, it may well be a "show us your papers" story!

• 1 month later...

I am not able to go give 12$ to watch dwayne johnson and ryan reynolds say quips and play themselves for 60 minutes, while shilling teremana rum, aviation gin and mint mobile subtly. I will not be able to enjoy this movie in the company of 60 other annoying people, and pay 20$ for popcorn and soda.

The golden rule of making me do stuff is: You have to actually lure me with really good stuff...and they just dont make movies anymore how they used to.

Im sure as hell not paying for streams...and since they make me wait 6 months for a DVD release, torrent it is. Not coded or locked to any country or how many devices I watch it on.

maxresdefault.jpg

On 9/9/2021 at 3:44 PM, Thommo said:

Our area comes out of lockdown tomorrow as we have zero cases, which means I can get back to swim training & fishing 🏊‍♂️ 🐟 . 

But if we get more cases, we can go back into lockdown. 

Wife & I are fully vaxed now, as is youngest daughter, eldest has had her 1st jab. At 70% of the state vaxed, they are saying vaxed people will be able to do things the unvaxed can't (e.g. pubs, movies, restaurants etc).

My wife has to travel to Sydney today as her Aunt is dying in a nursing home and my wife & her siblings are her only relatives, next of kin & manage all her affairs.  Will be interesting to see if they make it there without being turned around by the police as technically we are still in lockdown till midnight.  She is loaded up with all the paperwork to prove the situation (compassionate reasons can allow you to leave your area)....so Swag, it may well be a "show us your papers" story!

None of this bothers you or any one else in Australia?

3 hours ago, BrockyTaz said:

None of this bothers you or any one else in Australia?

Yes, it bothers me and most others down here, but we put up with it, it's not the end of the world.  We are not as paranoid about 'personal freedoms' in general in Oz compared to what we hear about the US, but obviously there are limits to what we will tolerate.  And I think most people are now approaching their limit, however with vaccination rates having increased sharply, it looks like the limitations will soon end - at least in our state (New South Wales).

The bigger problem is the inconsistencies between the states.  Queensland & Western Australia in particular (who have govts of a different persuasion to the Federal Govt & NSW) have the most draconian border limitations & quarantine requirements.  Their tourism industries in particular have been decimated.  Qld in particular is huge for tourism (the Gold Coast, Great Barrier Reef, Daintree Rainforest etc. huge for water sports etc.)

Anyhow, the good news is my wife made it to Sydney and along with our daughters was able to spend time with her Aunt in the days before she died, so it was all good.  Our eldest daughter was reading to her the day before she died which was really nice.  They really are good kids - got it from their mother I think 😁

Well, hear my point! Not gonna get political but i do have some funny stories!

When i was a kid in high-school and would go to my family doctor I would see sexy women from different pharma companies wanting to see her and tell her about products.

You have to understand - with all the flu people coming for check-ups every year, they will buy whatever brand medicine the doctor prescribes. And 99% you cant buy anti-biotics without a doctor's note. And in a lot of cases different pharma companies all make the same anti-biotic or products with the same active ingredient, but with a different name.

Doctors were bribed, in multiple ways...to shill someone's medicine.

One time my mother saw all doctors boarding a trip bus, going on a beach vacation. They all sold themselves...to go on some shitty 1 day trip to the beach.

At this point...the only doctor i can trust...is a close friend of the family....and my own research and judgement.

Even with the cat.....when I want to solve some small problem - let's say its meowing a lot at night - all the veterinarians imminently ask "why dont you castrate it", while im interested in trying a natural supplment like colostrum or those amino acids....that were supposed to have a calming effect and protect from various diseases.

im thinking "i want to make sure the cat is not sick from something, and then try 1-2 natural supplements without drugging it, to see if he will stop meowing that much".

The vets are thinking how to get me to cut his balls off.

What happens if i DONT want to cut his balls off? What happens if i let him live like in nature? Will he explode? Will he suffer and die? Cats in nature dont seem to randomly explode or suffer just because they have balls.

So...i just cant afford to trust doctors anymore, only when I get strong symptoms that something is wrong and I need an operation.

3 hours ago, MR Brush Brutalizer said:

The vets are thinking how to get me to cut his balls off.

What happens if i DONT want to cut his balls off? What happens if i let him live like in nature? Will he explode? Will he suffer and die? Cats in nature dont seem to randomly explode or suffer just because they have balls.

Is there no decency, like a famous man one's said. Tell your doctor, would he like to cut his "family jewels" off?

Male cats usually leave after 3-4 years, so, you can either let him loose, or give "him" some Xanax (just kidding)!! There must be a tranquilliser for cats.

• 1 month later...
On 11/1/2021 at 2:48 AM, Thommo said:

We are not as paranoid about 'personal freedoms' in general in Oz compared to what we hear about the US

Gee, I never considered myself "paranoid" about losing my freedom to a government willing to coerce people into doing something they may not want to do. Just concerned about overreach. Maybe Australia has a different perspective than the US. How about that? But this wasn't supposed to get political so...

John

• 3 months later...
On 12/7/2021 at 8:15 AM, jgrease said:

Gee, I never considered myself "paranoid" about losing my freedom to a government willing to coerce people into doing something they may not want to do. Just concerned about overreach. Maybe Australia has a different perspective than the US. How about that? But this wasn't supposed to get political so...

John

You never lost your freedom, no one was forced to get vaccinated, Ukrainians lost their freedom.

12 hours ago, Scooby said:

You never lost your freedom, no one was forced to get vaccinated, Ukrainians lost their freedom.

I have no idea what you're talking about - I'm guessing you didn't actually read what I wrote or you just don't understand words... Enjoy your weekend!

John

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/23/2022 at 5:25 PM, habu2 said:

None of this is a laughing matter. 

If you really believe in "follow the money", then you're right - nothing that the population of the world has been subjected to in the cause of self-enrichment is funny.

On 8/7/2021 at 5:52 PM, Thommo said:

Our little city (a town really, but it is called a city as we have a cathedral) of 29,000 is now in lockdown for a week, thanks to Muppets in Sydney who broke lockdown and went to Newcastle, which caused an outbreak in Newcastle, then we had people in Newcastle who came here.  One was a nurse who was working infected in our local hospital, and away we go.

Lockdown for my wife & I is not really a big deal as we've been working from home anyway and can still do our windtrainer cycling on the deck & go for a run (as long as we don't go more than 10kms from home).  No gym or swim though.  Only allowed to do essential shopping - supermarkets, chemists, doctors, Covid tests & vaccinations.

Biggest PITA is I need to take my work car to the smash repairs next week after this happened on Friday evening.  Hear that bang when it hit, our daughter said it sounds like a gunshot.  That device on the front under the number plate is called a ShooRoo - makes a chirping noise which is supposed to scare animals off the road.  Works a bit, but clearly not in this case with another car coming the other way. 

WARNING - I drop the F-bomb in this video.

Do you still have the plastic part?  Nothing a little duct tape and bondo won't fix!  C'mon man! Are you a modeller or a mouse? All kidding aside, ouch!

22 hours ago, Dutch said:

Do you still have the plastic part?  Nothing a little duct tape and bondo won't fix!  C'mon man! Are you a modeller or a mouse? All kidding aside, ouch!

I figured I should be able to sort it out too 😁

$5,500 at the panel beaters later....

• 1 month later...
On 4/2/2022 at 12:23 AM, Scooby said:

Tell that to my son in the US Army.  Either get the vaccination or lose your career. 

Edited by Scott Smith
On 4/2/2022 at 12:23 AM, Scooby said:

no one was forced to get vaccinated

Seriously!?

Hundreds of first responders and US military personnel were forced to get it and if they didn't, they were fired or were administratively discharged. The worst part part of all that bullshite? DoD has since rescinded those requirements and put an end to the 'punishments' previously put in place. 

All of us that remain unvaccinated and never wore a mask or bought into the BS games are now living in the biggest "we told you so" moment ever.   

3 hours ago, Dave Roof said:

Seriously!?

Hundreds of first responders and US military personnel were forced to get it and if they didn't, they were fired or were administratively discharged. The worst part part of all that bullshite? DoD has since rescinded those requirements and put an end to the 'punishments' previously put in place. 

All of us that remain unvaccinated and never wore a mask or bought into the BS games are now living in the biggest "we told you so" moment ever.   

No one was forced to take the harmless vaccine which prevented a lot of deaths. You say hundreds refused it in the military and first responders, well 5.35 billion are vaccinated worldwide.

And you were vaccinated for the Gulf War, did you refuse then? No, because social media didn’t exist then.

BS games? One million Americans have died from Covid, currently Covid 19 is the third highest cause of death in the US.

https://www.ibtimes.com/leading-causes-death-us-where-does-covid-19-stand-3611791

1 hour ago, Scooby said:

No one was forced to take the harmless vaccine which prevented a lot of deaths. You say hundreds refused it in the military and first responders, well 5.35 billion are vaccinated worldwide.

And you were vaccinated for the Gulf War, did you refuse then? No, because social media didn’t exist then.

BS games? One million Americans have died from Covid, currently Covid 19 is the third highest cause of death in the US.

https://www.ibtimes.com/leading-causes-death-us-where-does-covid-19-stand-3611791

So you're saying freedom is being forced to take the vaccine or be fired from your job, you sir have a strange vision of freedom.

What vaccine was administrated during the first Gulf War? I was out there and I wasn't "forced" to take any vaccine. If the vaccine was so great how is it that the most vaccinated are still catching the COVID and dying from it (remember, the vaccine was supposed to stop you from getting COVID)? Only 68% of American's are fully vaccinated and only 33% have had at least one booster, if the vaccine was so great why are those numbers do low? If the vaccine was as good as everyone said then only the un-vax would be catching COVID and dying from it, yet, over 60% of those how have had COVID were vax'ed. As of last April, 42% of those dying from COVID were vax'ed, and that percentage has been rising every month.

And, remember, there's a difference between dying with COVID and dying from COVID, it's has already been proven that (at least here in the US) the number of death from COVID was greatly inflated.