Covid-19 and how to help each other...no politics

First of all, thank you for your service.  

Second, I find it unsettling that so many Americans think the concept of Freedom means "I can do/think/say whatever the F*** I want" and "no one can tell me what/not to do".  Acting in such a selfish manner that one endangers the health, safety and livelihood of their fellow Americans is morally and ethically wrong.  If someone feels they have the right to not get the vaccine, they must assume also the responsibility to minimize their exposure to fellow Americans, including isolation, masking, social distancing, etc.  Interacting with the public when you have a a high likelihood of infection is the epitome of  irresponsibility.  To me it's like driving drunk.  The drunk thinks he is invincible and not a danger to anyone, his inebriation has compromised his ability to make rational, ethical, moral decisions.

Yes, I'm equating unvaccinated people with drunk drivers.

5 hours ago, GW8345 said:

Why is there a higher percentage of deaths for unvax compared to vax.........because the vax wasn't available the first year of the virus yet they are all the deaths in the equation instead of just those that happened after the vax was available.

I like how you label anyone who is opposed to mandatory COVID vaccination as an "anti-vaxers", wonder what we can label pro-vaxer's........kool-aid drinkers?

My wife is an RN and worked on a Covid only unit, yes vaccinated people died but the higher percentage of deaths were still in the unvaccinated after the Covid vaccines were developed. 

And your first sentence confirms you agree, vaccines save lives.

5 hours ago, GW8345 said:

That's like saying "I stayed in a Holiday Express last night".

If it originated naturally from bats and was not manipulated by humans how come there was no cases from the province where the bat caves are located? Wouldn't you think that if it was a natural virus and was just brought to the lab and accidentally released from the lab that there would be cases in the area around the caves?

But hey, you believe what you want to believe and I'll believe what I want, in the end we'll just agree to disagree (if some people are still capable of that).

Because it is suspected the Wulan scientists were doing research in those caves, they were collecting specimens for research.

I understand the science that covid isn’t fabricated and is naturally occurring. The only thing I agree with you is it likely escaped from the lab, they were working on it. But this is only my opinion. China actually helped with the vaccine production by releasing the genetic code, which reveals they likely had been working on it for a long period of time. 

14 hours ago, habu2 said:

Second, I find it unsettling that so many Americans think the concept of Freedom means "I can do/think/say whatever the F*** I want" and "no one can tell me what/not to do".  Acting in such a selfish manner that one endangers the health, safety and livelihood of their fellow Americans is morally and ethically wrong.  If someone feels they have the right to not get the vaccine, they must assume also the responsibility to minimize their exposure to fellow Americans, including isolation, masking, social distancing, etc.  Interacting with the public when you have a a high likelihood of infection is the epitome of  irresponsibility.  To me it's like driving drunk.  The drunk thinks he is invincible and not a danger to anyone, his inebriation has compromised his ability to make rational, ethical, moral decisions.

Not to be snarky but I see you don't understand the concept of individual freedom, which is the very corner stone of what the United States was founded on.

I'm not sure your nationality but there is a saying here in America, "My Rights Don't End Where Your Feeling Begin". 

I think you are forgetting that the vaccinated can also carry and spread the virus just as easily as the unvax'ed, are the vaccinated who spread the virus (unknowingly) being immoral/irresponsible? 

What you want is a morality police and to force your belief's onto other's, that is not freedom. You want to shun anyone who doesn't think like you, act like you or share's the same beliefs as you, basically you want a totalitarian society/regime. 

Edited by GW8345
9 hours ago, habu2 said:

Wow.....

10 hours ago, Scooby said:

Because it is suspected the Wulan scientists were doing research in those caves, they were collecting specimens for research.

I understand the science that covid isn’t fabricated and is naturally occurring. The only thing I agree with you is it likely escaped from the lab, they were working on it. But this is only my opinion. China actually helped with the vaccine production by releasing the genetic code, which reveals they likely had been working on it for a long period of time. 

Again, if the virus was natural and came from bats how come there were no cases in the area of the caves? The bats have been around for thousand of years, why did the virus just appear three years ago?

You state that it wasn't fabricated and was naturally occurring and then the very next sentence you say it was being worked on in a lab and escaped from said lab. Which one is it, if it was natural why were the Chinese working on it?

The Chinese released the genetic code after pressure from the international community and after they exhausted all their lies. Remember when they first tried to blame a delegation of American service personnel for being the cause of the virus, or when they were locking people into their homes/apartments (physically nailing their doors shut), when doctors/scientist who spoke out against the official propaganda suddenly disappeared? What about the one million Chinese cell phone users who suddenly disappeared? 

China was engineering the virus as a bio-weapon, think about it, what better way to defeat an enemy but to make them sick right before you attack them.

Edited by GW8345