Hi all

Has anyone come across any photos of the SMT in Syria?  I'm looking for pics to see what loadouts they are carrying in the the ground attack role.  The only one I can seem to find is a SMT armed with just two FAB 500s.  I would have thought that the Russians would have been using laser guided munitions.  Does anyone know where I can find pics of the SMT deployed in Syria showing loadouts?  Would everyone agree the SMT would be more !kindly to carry a set of archers as self defence in this theatre considering the US presence? Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Cool thanks for the info.  From the pics I've seen, that seems to be the case.  But it's a shame as I'd love to bomb it up as a truly multi-role fighter.  I don't understand why the Russians aren't using guided munitions and testing their ground attack munitions.  It's the perfect forum for it.

They are showing off, to an extent. Those footage/photo ops are for that purpose. Same with using TU-160s for strike missions (I think they have used TU-22M3s as well). There aren't a lot of hardened targets left, and the Russians have been accused of indiscriminate bombing in cities, so precision platforms seem to be overkill for what they are doing, except in terms of marketing.