Bored and in Lock-down?

That from the article,

Cook your favorite meals. Banana pancakes for breakfast, grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup for lunch, throw some rib eyes on the grill for dinner. Why not?! Along with your “Quarantine food”, try cooking one of your favorite meals. If you don’t know how, YouTube is your know it all friend! And if you don’t have the supplies you need, the next time you go to the grocery store, practice social distancing along with protecting yourself. And pick up the things you need for your favorite meals.

Brings to mind this YouTube watched this last night, 

It can be hard to stick to a diet in modern times when eating out. It was much the same for a medieval knight, so when he was dining in his own household his personal physician would work with his cook to keep their master in peak condition. In this episode, Jason and food historian Chris Carr discuss the medieval understanding of nutrition and how it affected the knight’s diet, as well as the influence of spices and how they defined one’s social standing.

What's this bored you speak of?  I'm finally catching up on some models I started but never finished. 🙂

Also started working out again, detailed car, cleaned house. Got a lot of other work done. Next week I'm starting on some major car maintenance I've been putting off.

Bored and locked-down? NO WAY!!! I have a stock of 70+ models waiting patiently for the past 20+ years to be build!!! AND now is the chance! Plus I have a display case with the 2/3 empty!!!

SO, bring out all those enamel and lacquer paints and thinners and let the party begin!!!

10 hours ago, SERNAK said:

Bored and locked-down? NO WAY!!! I have a stock of 70+ models waiting patiently for the past 20+ years to be build!!! AND now is the chance! Plus I have a display case with the 2/3 empty!!!

SO, bring out all those enamel and lacquer paints and thinners and let the party begin!!!

It's good to hear that someone is taking advantage of the unexpected time home in these troubling times.

Stay safe and busy,

Steven :thumbsup:

4 hours ago, SERNAK said:

I'm trying to organise my bench before I dig into my "rally" for finishing some of my models!!

I tried to do the same thing last week. Got some stuff put away and it a bit better, but my whole work area needs rethinking. Needless to say, I didn't get any work done on the kit sitting there waiting on me. One of these days I'll get my brain working and tackle it again. :hmmm:

I installed a bidet toilet seat today.....my wife is one happy camper now. 

Hope to tinker on my car or motorbike tomorrow.  With the warmer weather my garage is finally usable. 

I've heard the lockdown might linger on for a few more months in my area. 

I'm enjoying the lack of traffic.

Stay healthy everyone....avoid all human contact outside your household.

Are you kidding me?  A modeler bored??    I started this three weeks ago Thursday. I thought it was going to be a 6 month build.  It’s the Fisher AD-5W conversion.

OjtHvc.jpg

On deck next is the Tamiya Blue Angels Phantom I’ve been putting off for years.  

Edited by Scott Smith

I'm not bored. I'm not even on lockdown. I make bars of soap, so yeah, my job is essential to say the least. And business is booming! (I wonder why???)

I get to model late Sunday nights and that's all.

Tim

On 4/4/2020 at 2:53 PM, Scott Smith said:

Are you kidding me?  A modeler bored??    I started this three weeks ago Thursday. I thought it was going to be a 6 month build.  It’s the Fisher AD-5W conversion.

OjtHvc.jpg

On deck next is the Tamiya Blue Angels Phantom I’ve been putting off for years.  

did you use the Trumpeter or ZM kit as a donor? I like what I see so far

gary

On 4/2/2020 at 4:34 AM, SBARC said:

I installed a bidet toilet seat today.....my wife is one happy camper now. 

Hope to tinker on my car or motorbike tomorrow.  With the warmer weather my garage is finally usable. 

I've heard the lockdown might linger on for a few more months in my area. 

I'm enjoying the lack of traffic.

Stay healthy everyone....avoid all human contact outside your household.

Great to hear you are being productive during these troubling times  :thumbsup:

Stay safe and busy folks!

Steven