NA P-51D "The Enchantress"

Thank you! About my experience... :-) As  I wrote in first post, this is my second kit after 30years. I started  again because my son started visiting plastic kit club

and I stayed there with him :-) Personally, one of the important reason for me is a perfectly technologically produced kits like as Tamiya. I have no patience to rebuild every part because is wrong. But in this type of kit I can improve everything (what I can able...) and this is interesing for me. Tru is that time for building is longer - there is a lot of original materials for study what is what, what for is this tube or wire ( and neverending story which colour is which )  And, of course internet is helpfull. I build first kit (F4U-1D) one year, but finally I´m hapy with that. Lot of mistakes, it´s true, but lot of experiences.
There are wells under surfacer.

P2114291_optimized.jpg.212fd3b6b5e4e05c91d278a6cbf08937.jpg

P2114292_optimized.jpg.4d732c900761f3b20576c3056f498702.jpg

Hello Tomas. Having the same kit on my shelf, still in the box, I'm following this build with great interest. 

Your detail work is absolute world class. Very good show.  I'm loving it.

Kind regards,

Robert Jan

Hi guys, thanks for your positive comments! 

Unfortunately, I have only one images from painting process, it´s first one in this set. Because upload limitation is terrible (or I don´t know how I can make nice pic with 30kb..) I will make a few separate posts.  On final images is more contrast wash then in real situation. 

On this first image is black preshading on light gray surfacer beside main ribs, stil visible on ZCY. Next step is with fine brush from bottom level to top. For painting this details I use combination MRP (small bottle signed MRP-Fxxx airbrush and brush) and Vallejo Model Air. 

P2134297_optimized.thumb.jpg.e3de19b71d6de74dc0dbe8e2468524e4.jpg

3 hours ago, Tomas Duck said:

Thanks 🙂 I must upgrade a piston rod, color was not good choice, I must try metallic foil.

Hi Tomas, have you tried Molotow chrome pens? They work very well for small areas.

Because I waiting tires from Barracuda, next step will be a cockpit and some modifications. First is a pilot seat. There is a known upgrade springs on backside, HGW belts and dinghy. Also bulletproof backside need some upgrades, partly from Eduard PE and my scratch. 

C-_data_model_P-51D-Mustang_Web-foto_cockpit_ARC_P2244340.thumb.jpg.f49ce42db3c3bc600a0a5dbbdd6b65c4.jpg

P2244341.thumb.jpg.f3b031ab118dc822a9c79f140d404734.jpg

Next step is cockpit floor, main fuel tank, radio equipment, wires, ventilation tubes from carburetor and main tank and some small details. I opened the relief cone, little bit rounded side and added his bracket. Also tube from main air filter and rod for surface locking mechanism and scratch suport frame under SCR-695.

P3124369.jpg.61f6c50a04f1071b4428c4db36ab0c81.jpg

P3304422.jpg.b30556ce2471264a92e8a6f26cbba164.jpg

P3314427.jpg.4197d0890e856c83dbcc5f5cb4309b05.jpg

I'm really enjoying your "attention to details." The colors and paint application is nicely

accomplished, not too dark and overbearing. Your skills are still intact, and the model

is progressing very well... keep-up the excellent work!

1 hour ago, The Underdog said:

I'm really enjoying your "attention to details." The colors and paint application is nicely

accomplished, not too dark and overbearing. Your skills are still intact, and the model

is progressing very well... keep-up the excellent work!

Thank you :-) 

Hallo,

thanks for the positive comments! :-)

This set ends the trip into history, this is the current state. I finished everything what I coluld on the back of the cockpit, tubes, wires, radio frame etc.. I know it is probably a mistake with a green color of the radio's frame but I leave it alone. I´m currently working on the front of the cockpit, dashboard, pedals, control stick, photos will be continuously inserted.

P4074465.jpg.34ce9b94ef59b0724b9981e533c5c097.jpg

P4074466.jpg.fc83b793643859a271fbba88e69ba362.jpg