New product - 3D printed cockpit decals

Found these on Facebook. 3D printed cockpit decals. They look amazing good to me. Being 3D printed, they have more depth than printed PE. Appears to me a one man show based in Russia. He has an e-Bay store or you can purchase them by contacting him on Facebook. I think he is also looking for distributors. Here's a link to his Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/QuintaStudio/permalink/2695127257265118/

Here's a link to his e-Bay store:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/lavka_75/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

Here's a pic of one of his upcoming decal sets for the GWH kit.

90055589_2698595777093525_31784158321537

Another pic of a different set. Shows the depth of the 3D effect.

91785875_2706193073000462_38118422303526

Edited by Mstor

My dreams have been answered! One of the things I hate doing is painting cockpits. It's so time-consuming and keeps me from getting the to fun stuff (painting and decaling). This step of the process just got sped up considerably. Yeah!!!!!!

1 minute ago, Darren Roberts said:

My dreams have been answered! One of the things I hate doing is painting cockpits. It's so time-consuming and keeps me from getting the to fun stuff (painting and decaling). This step of the process just got sped up considerably. Yeah!!!!!!

I'm the complete opposite. I love to do cockpits !! I look at it as a challenge.

Steve

2 minutes ago, A-10 LOADER said:

I'm the complete opposite. I love to do cockpits !! I look at it as a challenge.

Steve

We should tag-team a build sometime. You do the cockpit and the construction and send it to me to paint and decal. 😄

Begs the question, I wonder what the tech is behind this? I wonder if it's more like 3D screen printing rather than 3d printing. Unless color printers have really made a huge leap, I can't see how a 3D printer could do color that fine. Perhaps though. I wonder if it's closer to how they are screen printing raised patterns on costumes like they do for movie props.... hmm....

7 hours ago, Mstor said:

Found these on Facebook. 3D printed cockpit decals. They look amazing good to me. Being 3D printed, they have more depth than printed PE. Appears to me a one man show based in Russia. He has an e-Bay store or you can purchase them by contacting him on Facebook. I think he is also looking for distributors. Here's a link to his Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/QuintaStudio/permalink/2695127257265118/

Here's a link to his e-Bay store:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/lavka_75/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

Here's a pic of one of his upcoming decal sets for the GWH kit.

90055589_2698595777093525_31784158321537

Another pic of a different set. Shows the depth of the 3D effect.

91785875_2706193073000462_38118422303526

Great stuff!

5 hours ago, habu2 said:

Are these prepainted?  

Printed in color layers?

or is the painting up to the modeler?

As I understand, prepainted. How it is done I don't really know. If you have access to Facebook, you can submit questions directly to the maker.

8 hours ago, Solo said:

But in 1:72 it doesn't look so good:

In one of the comments by the maker on Facebook, he did state that making these in 1/72 scale was very difficult. He may be running up against the limits of the technology.

In any case, to me they look much better than color PE, close to Eduard's "Look" line of instrument panels, but at a significantly lower price. Plus he seems to be getting the color of the panels much closer to the real thing than Eduard.

He seems to be adding items to his product line regularly. He also makes vacuum formed canopies.

Edited by Mstor
17 hours ago, Mstor said:

Another pic of a different set. Shows the depth of the 3D effect.91785875_2706193073000462_38118422303526

That's for the Zvezda Mi-24V. Given that Zvezda went with flat panels there for decals if I understood them right, it might be the perfect set for it if the price is right.

On e-Bay, the 1/72 scale version of this set goes for under $9.90. I would think the 1/48 scale version would not be too much more than that. All his sets seem reasonably priced, especially compared to the prices for colored PE or Eduard's Look sets.

IF these look like that pic, I'm thinking they almost have to be raised screen printed. I just can't fathom what we call a 3D printer printing color that clearly. Perhaps I'm behind on the tech but I REALLY would love to know how he's doing these...assuming they are really what's showing. Curious to see a review.

Oh, my, these are incredible.  Didn't know that color printing instrument panels is even possible.   Cockpit work is such a chore and I'll welcome anything that will speed up getting that cockpit done and closing up the fuselage halves.   I'm awful at painting raised details and applying tiny decals.  I love PE because of the really defined gauge markings and needles. But there's something that's still missing for most cockpit aftermarket sets --- the switch labels on the instrument panels.  I see this product addresses that issue so it's a big plus.   Hopefully they expand out to more aircraft/types.