Yak-9SD in 48th from Modelsvit

WOW what an aircraft!

Hello Friends,
Maybe someone of you know that in the end of 1944, a small amount of Yak-9D (Early vers.) were converted into 2-seat night interceptors with more powerful armament and radio locator. So, we have decided to recreate this unfamiliar modification under designation Yak-9SD in 1/48 scale.
Greetings!!

Y1AUUky.jpg

vLzl2Xj.jpg

h6nYdgZ.jpg

oCiNVOv.jpg

Best regards

Gabor

P.s. remember todays date! : )  : )  : )

I hope that most modellers have realised that this is 1 st of April news with everything that it entails. But as a matter of fact this double Yak looks really nice and as many pointed out on Modelsvit fake book they would love to build it as a What If project!

The other side of the story is that no matter how April fools day is pointed out there are dangers to such “news”.

Many, many years ago a Hungarian writer made a modelling back page article for our Repules monthly. I think it was in 1970’s, have the issue somewhere in my archive. The article illustrated with photos was about a secret WW2 domestic development jet fighter. He built a nice kit from different parts including a Ju-87. Made some excellent photos to show it as a real aircraft. The story had it that a US Mustang shoot down the only prototype in a dog fight so the author also made some excellent fake gun-camera photos. Remember no photoshop in those days it was all real photography. The only reminder of the authenticity of the story was that it was published in the April 1 st issue.

The sad part of the thing is that even decades later some people refer to this Hungarian fighter as a historic fact based on this article. I have seen some people trying to build the kit for modelling competitions even about a decade ago!!!!!!!!!

So one should be very careful on what he publishes no matter how many times they point out that it is 1 st of April news!   

Best regards

Gabor

What you say is very true Gabor - but sometimes the reverse is true...........

I called out the post about 3D Printed instrument panels as being an April Fools joke.... but I got egg on my face when it turned out to be true...

In these days of Fake News it pays to be wary - but not (as in my case) too cynical....

As an aside - what do you guys call April Fools Day???

There was a quiz question on TV - and they said that the French (and the Italians IIRC) call it 'April Fish Day' !!

But, then again, that might itself have been an April Fools joke...??

Stay safe

Ken

1 hour ago, ya-gabor said:

I hope that most modellers have realised that this is 1 st of April news with everything that it entails.

20 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

.s. remember todays date! : )  : )  : )

It appeared quite obvious.

Edited by Silver Seraph