H.34 . Nose conversion.

Hi everyone.

I need feedback from you guys in order to move forward producing  this.

This is a conversion from the Wessex helicopter  from FLY Models in 1/32 that i am trying to make it with the help of someone else.  I am trying to decide on the cost and the interest of this conversion. 

I am either doing a single nose with the mesh or  a 2 door version with the engine backwall. I just found out that Vector resin has an engine for the H.34 in 1/32 scale. 

I know the H.34 only exists in 1/48 scale and this will be the only option in a larger scale. Please , let me hear your comments.

Oliver

Screenshot_20200401-101919_Messenger_zps

Edited by Rotorman
1 minute ago, Rotorman said:

I am only doing the nose.

I’m not an SME, are there any other differences between these two versions?   I’d love an H-34 in 32nd.  Decals might be an issue.... 

3 hours ago, 11bee said:

I’m not an SME, are there any other differences between these two versions?   I’d love an H-34 in 32nd.  Decals might be an issue.... 

One of the big ones is the exhaust, US H-34 only have one of two types on the port side only if looking top down. Windows can be another difference. Choice of landing gear for timeframe. Just off the top of my head. 

Just the doors only won't cut it.  The whole nose needs to be redone from just below the middle of the pilots' doors.  The line forward of the door where the grey filler is present below.  Everything forward of this line needs to be redone to backdated it to an H-34. 

Wessex+Part+3+Pic+2.jpg?format=2500w

The Fly Models Wessex nose is longer to accommodate the turbine engine.  Compare the pics above in Oliver's post to an actual H-34.

Sikorsky_S-58_landing_(cropped).jpg

img_7087.jpg

Edited by HeavyArty
55 minutes ago, Tank said:

One of the big ones is the exhaust, US H-34 only have one of two types on the port side only if looking top down. Windows can be another difference. Choice of landing gear for timeframe. Just off the top of my head. 

It will be side exhaust only