South Vietnamese Bearcat

On 5/16/2020 at 9:02 AM, RCNFAN said:

Bearcat PE.jpg

nice piece of PE for the cockpit! are you going to build a VNAF Bearcat Ray? when I did the Academy (Hobbycraft) kit while back ago...I didn't know they have the engine's louvers (I think the French modified locally during the war), I have to add them on later after the kit have been completed... the Hobby Boss look like don't have that option either, I thought you take a note of that! cheer,🙂

let_models,   

Edited by let_models

Hi Let_models

Yes doing the a VNAF Bearcat with the Wings folded, I picked up Wolfpacks wing fold as it looks to have better detail. I was trying to figure out how I would do the vents, I like yours they turned out excellent. didn't know there were two rows so I'll have to look at some more references. Cheers Ray

if you zooming up the previous picture from TrietCam in earlier post (especially on the first couple slots) you will see how the louvers are,

I have a good ref picture shown a French's Bearcat... but can not found it for now sorry! hope it will pop up later on...cheer! 🙂

let_models,

Edited by let_models
On 5/18/2020 at 2:07 PM, let_models said:

Here's the reworks after the build completed, little bit painful on that way!😁

let_models,  

...but the results came out not to bad!

Nice work on installingthat after the build. How did you do that? I will have to remember this when I get round to mine.

• 3 months later...

Admittedly my  model production goes down to about zero in the summer months but now that relatives are gone and fall is rapidly approaching I've put the Bearcat on the bench. I'll be posting pics of the  build in the In-progress forum. 

symfYwG - Imgur.jpg

Edited by RCNFAN