Sukhoi SU27 wheel colour

Hi all

I'm an old school modeller and always use humbrol.  Could anyone tell me what humbrol green is the most accurate green to paint the SU25 wheels?

Russian aircraft can be painful as you sometimes see slightly different shades of grey or other colours in cockpits and aircraft parts depending on which factory it was made in.

But if anyone can tell me the best match of humbrol green to paint the SU25 wheels, most appreciated.

Cheers

Your header says Su-27 - but the text says Su-25 ???

No matter - they are both - more-or-less the same...

I use Humbrol 131 on my Flankers - but I wouldn't get too hung up about it - there are so many variations on 'Russian wheelhub green'.....

From this....

Wheel_04.jpg

.... through this.....

Wheel_05.jpg

... to this....

Wheel_15.jpg

The choice is yours........

(more images of Flanker wheels here...scroll down the page a bit) :-  http://www.flankers-site.co.uk/flanker fins.html

Stay Safe

Ken

Hi Ken

Thanks for the reply.  Yes I meant SU25 wheels.  I was up late and must have mistyped it.  You are right about the variations in colours on russian jets.  Even the cockpits can vary in colour depending on what factory it was made at.  I've seen SU25 cockpits ranging from that real greyish blue to standard grey.  Thanks for the pics though.

3 hours ago, Flankerman said:

Your header says Su-27 - but the text says Su-25 ???

No matter - they are both - more-or-less the same...

I use Humbrol 131 on my Flankers - but I wouldn't get too hung up about it - there are so many variations on 'Russian wheelhub green'.....

Wheel_15.jpg

Stay Safe

Ken

Same, it was not really clear if it is all about the Flanker or the Su-25. 

The 3rd photo shows the close to 100% original hub green colour used on everything from civilian to fighter jets. 

The 2nd is a well weathered sundrenched museum example, while the first has been repainted during overhaul or serious servicing with whatever colour they had found.

Best regards

Gabor

As usual Ken,

You are The Man!  Now, can you give me some insight on the landing gear light blue-Gray color you use.  I'm almost there on getting my color sets built out for my 72nd Su-27 build.

Thanks,

WARDOG

I normally just use a light grey (gray?) - but it should really have a bluish tint - so I guess you could add a little light blue to a mix.

Humbrol 65 Helblau could also be used - with a little grey added.

As you can probably tell - I don't usually get too hung up over exact colour matches........

Ken

18 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

Same, it was not really clear if it is all about the Flanker or the Su-25. 

The 3rd photo shows the close to 100% original hub green colour used on everything from civilian to fighter jets. 

The 2nd is a well weathered sundrenched museum example, while the first has been repainted during overhaul or serious servicing with whatever colour they had found.

Best regards

Gabor

First time I did a modern Russian jet I used the green from Testors line of little bottles of enamel paint. Next time I bought some of MRP's version. I really can't tell much of a difference. Suffice it to say if you paint it plain old green, you're probably OK.