1:48 Academy F-111F 70-2387

The album: https://imgur.com/gallery/XPFVImi

Hello all!

I finished up this model in October, but didn't get around to taking somewhat proper pictures until I started spending a lot more time at home.

I am a slow builder; this model took roughly eight months to complete, and was the third aircraft I've completed since coming back to the hobby as an adult. Lots of things went right, and some things went wrong. I used so many aftermarket sets that I think 40% of the model is resin. That was the source of some of my problems, as mating everything was beyond my skill at the time. I also managed to frost up the windshield, which really stings. Lessons learned.

Finding decals was impossible. I initially wanted to do a Gulf War bird, but could not for the life of me find decals from that time frame. Between the kit decals, and two different Xtra Decal sets, I was able to cobble together enough to almost accurately represent Lujac 23 from El Dorado canyon. This aircraft was tasked with hitting Tripoli airport with Mk82/BSU-49s.

A very big thank you to Mr Vark who very graciously provided reference materials and expertise for me to try to do things as correctly as my skill allows. I know there are mistakes in this build, but they are fewer because of his assistance.

Aftermarket used:

Xtra Decal: X006-048 (And parts of another, but I've lost the number)

Black Box: Cockpit set
Scale Down: Wings/Flaps/Slats set, Wheels, bay doors, BRUs and BSU-49s, wheel wells and landing gear, sweep covers

OzMods: Burner Cans

Eduard: Pave Tack pod

The album: https://imgur.com/gallery/XPFVImi (In case the linked images don't work.)

DSC-2243.jpg

DSC-2246.jpg

DSC-2247.jpg

DSC-2249.jpg

DSC-2252.jpg

DSC-2253.jpg

DSC-2256.jpg

DSC-2259.jpg

DSC-2262.jpg

DSC-2271.jpg

DSC-2278.jpg

DSC-2288.jpg