1:48 AMT S-3B 160156 circa 1994

Hello again!

After finishing my F-111, I immediately started this S-3B. I think the differences between the two builds is stark. While there are mistakes in this build, I believe the results show an increase in my skill. One lesson I did not take to heart from the last build was to limit my use of resin parts. This build has its own fair share.

I settled on this bird for no other reason than liking the apt viking on the tail. I wanted to build a B, but one that still had the MAD boom attached, so that dictated the time frame I would be looking at. I knew I would be doing something representing the anti-sub and anti-surface roles the S-3 played, and while my understanding is that both harpoons and torpedoes wouldn't normally be loaded together, I liked the look enough to go with it.

A big thank you goes to our own Collin who was very kind with his time and wisdom! Having worked with this specific aircraft, there could be no better source for information. Thank you!

Aftermarket:
Eduard PE sets
ResKit: Wheels
Metallic Details: Engines
Wolfpack Designs: Cockpit, Buddy pod
BlackDog: radar set, electronic bays, wheel and bomb bays
AeroMaster Decals: Vikings of the Fleet Low Vis pt 5

Album: https://imgur.com/gallery/OWk1aRK

DSC-2204.jpg

DSC-2209.jpg

DSC-2216.jpg

DSC-2297.jpg

DSC-2299.jpg

DSC-2300.jpg

DSC-2301.jpg

DSC-2302.jpg

DSC-2304.jpg

DSC-2306.jpg

DSC-2307.jpg

DSC-2308.jpg

DSC-2309.jpg

DSC-2312.jpg

DSC-2314.jpg

DSC-2318.jpg

DSC-2320.jpg

DSC-2322.jpg

DSC-2325.jpg

Edited by Specter1075

Turned out FANTASTIC!!  Love the torps.

I had a chuckle when I saw the MAD boom out.  Thought I would use all the tools in my toolbox one day off of Japan, put the MAD boom out....ended up getting stuck out and we had to divert to Misawa AFB.  Skipper wasn't too happy.  Needless to say the word went out to leave them in (not a big deal since they weren't calibrated and couldn't trace an aircraft carrier if we flew over it).

Again....great build, skills for sure on a upward glideslope!!

Collin