How do I fix a broken tail wheel?

I have an Italeri 1/72 UH-60 helo model and the tail wheel snapped off. What

is the best glue for this? I tried Tamiya thin and it snapped off again. It is too small

for my eyes to drill and put a rod in, I don't have that technology. Thanks- jon

0yblmdT.jpg

Lacking a rod, which is probably the best solution, I might go this route...if you can find a styrene tube of the correct diameter, just slide both segments into the tube and cement it all together. You could also cut a tube in half lengthwise and use just the half tube to make it less noticeable.

HTH 

Bob

Thanks, I had no idea what else to do so I got out my pin vise and tried drilling.

It went off a bit so I restarted and was able to do both parts. I had some .025

lead wire from my fly tying kit which pressed in nicely into the drilled hole. I pulled

the wire out and added super glue then reinserted the wire, and added super glue to

other hole I drilled. I lined the wheel accordingly and it seems to be working, so far.

Feels like a much stronger join. Always a first for me, been modeling since 1963 and

this is the first time I ever tried this method, can teach an old dog new tricks?- jon

GVBuc1d.jpg

4x9YTni.jpg

Edited by jonwinn