Trying to figure out where the antenna mast on the production MiG-13 (only about 16 produced) would have been attached.

The I-250 prototypes don't show a mast at all.  The MiG-13's can be identified by a larger tail with a different shape.  Both photos I've seen of MiG-13's (below) almost look like the mast is attached to the canopy itself, which doesn't seem right.  They seem to match the angle shown in MiG bureau drawings I've seen in the book by MiG chief designer Belyakov.

Unless I can figure it out, I'm tempted to leave it off completely....

13_02.jpg

mig13a.jpg?w=809

In the Gordon "OKB Mikoyan" book, there is a 3 view drawing of the production I-250 (Mig-13) and it show the mast originates from  the canopy framing on top of the canopy that runs side to side where it meets the framing running front to rear.  Hope that makes sense.  Also, there is a note in "Early Mig Fighters in Action" that states the mast is raked forward and to starboard.

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2020 at 10:52 AM, Andrew D. the Jolly Rogers guy said:

Thank you! I'll definitely go with that arrangement!  :cheers:

Please post the finished model, I have not seen one built before.  Also, if anyone is wondering why this is in Jet Modeling the I-250 was a mixed propulsion design that encountered a lot of development issues and by the time it entered production the Mig-15 was making test flights, so the project was cancelled.

On 4/7/2020 at 11:24 PM, variable said:

Please post the finished model, I have not seen one built before.  Also, if anyone is wondering why this is in Jet Modeling the I-250 was a mixed propulsion design that encountered a lot of development issues and by the time it entered production the Mig-15 was making test flights, so the project was cancelled.

Here ya go! Finished in only two quick weeks.

A few progress pics: http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/312581-mig-13-i-250-172-omega-resin/

Completed item: http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/312582-mig-13-i-250-172-omega-resin/

Edited by Andrew D. the Jolly Rogers guy

Thank you for building this and sharing.  Looks awesome.  Such a mean looking beast.  Wonder what it could have done in a Reno Air race!  

FYI, your link for the completed model just takes me to create a new thread in the display case forum.

2 minutes ago, variable said:

Thank you for building this and sharing.  Looks awesome.  Such a mean looking beast.  Wonder what it could have done in a Reno Air race!  

FYI, your link for the completed model just takes me to create a new thread in the display case forum.

Yikes! My mistake....try this.... http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/312582-mig-13-i-250-172-omega-resin/