NOS parts for out of production kits source?

1st post. Pardon my newbie-ness. How impossible is it to find missing parts to an old kit? I purchased a Monogram P-39 Airacobra (Kit No. 6844) circa 1973 at an antique shop a while back. Sealed bag, instructions and decals intact. Pulled out recently during our isolation and noticed its missing all cockpit and fuselage window/glass. Or all clear tree pieces. Long shot I'm sure but is there a source or do go topless? Thanks for any help here.

Edited by Markob
Miss spelling

If you're not afraid of vacform canopies, you have two options:

• Squadron 9526 Bell P39
  • Falcon VAX32 set USAAF WW2 (P51 Mustang /A36 Apache, P51B Mustang, P39 Airacobra, P35, P47B Razorback Thunderbolt, P47D Bubbletop Thunderbolt, P36 Hawk, P40B Tomahawk, P40E Warhawk)

The canopies are identical, Squadron sourced them from Falcon, but sold them individually. Both are available on Ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=squadron+p-39+canopy+1%2F48&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_osacat=0&_odkw=squadron+p-39+canopy

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=Falcon+USAAF+WW2+1%2F48&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_osacat=0&_odkw=Falcon+USAAF+WW2

Rob

Edited by Rob de Bie

You might also be able to find the canopies on Squadron's website. In case you can't find them directly on the Squadron site, you may succeed by asking Google to find them on their site. I've gotten a few no-longer-listed canopies from Squadron via this back door (such as the AT-6 canopies in my current sig photos).

Edited by dnl42