USS Theodore Roosevelt

Just now, GW8345 said:

I was out there for Desert Shield and Desert Storm.

You obviously don't know how Navy sea/shore rotations work, you can't just go jump on the first boat and ride it into battle when every you want to.

So you were a REMF.   That's a big difference between what you did and what I do.   I do jump on the first thing going, and can jump out too if needed.   

6 minutes ago, GW8345 said:

You go up to those small business owners and tell them that their life's work can be rebuilt and that they can always get a new house and rebuild their lives.

You go up to the dead and tell t..... oh!

Dead. Jobless. Do you get the difference? 

14 minutes ago, ChernayaAkula said:

Businesses can be rebuilt. Lives lost cannot. Do you get the difference?

And you learn to read. I never said they didn't have infectious diseases.

They didn't know what the heck a virus is. The concept of a virus was described about a century later. You go educate yourself.

And still the fathers of the Constitution made it possible to have amendments to face new challengs and incorporate new knowledge. Stop kidnapping them to make your flawed points.

Who was the famous German that said something about , if you control the media you can control people like pigs? Or something to that effect.

39 minutes ago, GW8345 said:

Are those California plates?

Wow that's pretty petty. I post a picture of a vehicle to show a friend what I am probably going to do to mine and you focus on the license plates? You have some serious issues there bub.

1 minute ago, nspreitler said:

So you were a REMF.   That's a big difference between what you did and what I do.   I do jump on the first thing going, and can jump out too if needed.   

So, what did you do in OEF/OIF, what is your job in the Army.

2 minutes ago, ChernayaAkula said:

You go up to the dead and tell t..... oh!

Dead. Jobless. Do you get the difference? 

Do you?

When you lose your job and your business come talk to me.

1 minute ago, 305swag said:

Who was the famous German that said something about , if you control the media you can control people like pigs? Or something to that effect.

Are you trying to make a certain point or are you just trying to make a Nazi analogy by bringing up my nationality?

BTW, I'm not the unhinged one going on about "fake news".

2 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Wow that's pretty petty. I post a picture of a vehicle to show a friend what I am probably going to do to mine and you focus on the license plates? You have some serious issues there bub.

Yet you're the one going into anaphylactic shock because someone on the internet doesn't agree with your point of view and uses a different source for their news.

3 minutes ago, GW8345 said:

So what did you do in OEF/OIF and all the others?

My first tour I was on a MiTT, embedded with the Iraqi Army, living and working with them everyday.  We were mostly around Taji, and it was when the EFP threat was high and then we had the offensive into Sadr City.  Overall as MND-B we lost 113 in combat that year.    The second was mostly uneventful.  It was during OND so Iraq had calmed down and we were mostly transitioning bases to the ISF.  The third one was as the first BCT back into Iraq for OIR one was eventful.  I was with an Iraqi unit that had battlespace from Baghdad to Fallujah and we were their link to CAS and we stayed very busy.  This last one has been uneventful thankfully, after the Iranian TBM strike it could have gotten bad but by a miracle nobody was killed so it calmed down.  

Just now, GW8345 said:

Yet you're the one going into anaphylactic shock because someone on the internet doesn't agree with your point of view and uses a different source for their news.

No I'm just tired of hearing your wallowing about a stupid haircut.

4 minutes ago, GW8345 said:

Do you?

When you lose your job and your business come talk to me.

Yes. Dead is permanent. There is no going back. Once you're dead, you're dead. You cannot be undead. End.

If you lose your job, you can get a new one. Temporary. Not permanent. You can be employed again or start a new business. No end.

You get it now?

5 minutes ago, ChernayaAkula said:

Are you trying to make a certain point or are you just trying to make a Nazi analogy by bringing up my nationality?

BTW, I'm not the unhinged one going on about "fake news".

Not trying to offend you. Don’t believe all the crap that your being fed. 

11 minutes ago, nspreitler said:

My first tour I was on a MiTT, embedded with the Iraqi Army, living and working with them everyday.  We were mostly around Taji, and it was when the EFP threat was high and then we had the offensive into Sadr City.  Overall as MND-B we lost 113 in combat that year.    The second was mostly uneventful.  It was during OND so Iraq had calmed down and we were mostly transitioning bases to the ISF.  The third one was as the first BCT back into Iraq for OIR one was eventful.  I was with an Iraqi unit that had battlespace from Baghdad to Fallujah and we were their link to CAS and we stayed very busy.  This last one has been uneventful thankfully, after the Iranian TBM strike it could have gotten bad but by a miracle nobody was killed so it calmed down.  

So, again, what was your job, not what units you were in and what they did, what did YOU do?

Edited by GW8345
3 minutes ago, ChernayaAkula said:

Yes. Dead is permanent. There is no going back. Once you're dead, you're dead. You cannot be undead. End.

If you lose your job, you can get a new one. Temporary. Not permanent. You can be employed again or start a new business. No end.

You get it now?

So, you're basically telling them to "learn to code".

Again, when you lose your job and can't feed your family, come talk to me then.

Just now, GW8345 said:

So, again, what was your job, no what units you were in and what they did, what did YOU do?

I've done quite a few things, I was in the offensive in Sadr City in 08.   I've personally requested about 100 airstrikes in OIR.  I was up and down Tampa and Irish in Baghdad, and was lucky enough to never get blown up.   I didn't do anything special, I did what a lot of other people did.   

3 minutes ago, nspreitler said:

I've done quite a few things, I was in the offensive in Sadr City in 08.   I've personally requested about 100 airstrikes in OIR.  I was up and down Tampa and Irish in Baghdad, and was lucky enough to never get blown up.   I didn't do anything special, I did what a lot of other people did.   

He probably doesn't know what Tampa and Irish are. Or Dover. Who were you with in 08? 1CD?

3 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

He probably doesn't know what Tampa and Irish are. Or Dover. Who were you with in 08? 1CD?

I was with 4ID on the 07-09 deployment, 1CD was before us.   I felt bad for the 1CD guys they were extended, at least we knew going in that it was 15 months.  

Edited by nspreitler

While I am grateful to all who served in the military, even those whose personal views may (or may not) differ from my own, I fail to see how military service and/or combat experience makes one person's viewpoint any more right (or wrong) than anyone else's.  I don't have ANY military experience (outside of one year of high school ROTC) but based on my personal experience in dealing with this virus outbreak on what many call the Front Lines I felt I brought relevant information and insight to the conversation.  It was never my intention to belittle others.  If someone read such intent into my comments I can't help but feel it says more about them than me.

Hey, are those Texas plates on my truck ???  :popcorn:

Just a quick note asking that everyone remember this is ARC....try to be more civil.....we are ALL on the same team here.

It saddens me when I see how this place has changed over the years.

5 hours ago, 11bee said:

My last car was an 07 CRV.  I ended up selling it to my daughter once she got her DL. It got her through 2 years of college safe and sound until some DB who was staring at her phone rear ended her while she was stopped at a light.   It was still going strong at 330k miles.

I have a 1999 Honda CRV. Bought it in Florida when I lived there. Now I live in Wisconsin and the road salt is starting to have its effects and there's some rust starting to show on one of the doors. It doesn't have many miles on it, under 100,000, but its 21 years old now and running like a charm. I love that car. It has seen me through thick and thin. If I ever had to replace it, I'd look for another early model CRV with its distinctive styling, lots of head room, and decent mileage.

Anyway, lets stop arguing about cars and trucks. Each has its uses and we each have our preferences and it has little to do with the subject at hand.

4 hours ago, habu2 said:

Musically I tend to listen to southern blues/rock.  SRV, Hendrix, Allmann Brothers, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Led Zep....

My man. Stevie Ray was awesome and too early taken (as was Hendrix).

What really concerns me is that this may be only the first of many infectious diseases that we will have to deal with in the future. If we start seeing repeats of this level of contagion and death, then I truly fear for western civilization. The current outbreak has the potential of changing forever how we conduct ourselves in society. I hope I'm wrong, that when this is over we can pick up the pieces and get back to a semblance of normal. As it is right now, the world economy will be severely crippled. Rebuilding it will be a massive undertaking. If we cannot address the disparities between those with the most wealth and those who are not as well off, then those in the latter category will probably not survive. What I'm trying to say is that it will take great investments of money to rebuild our economy. If that money ends up in the hands of big business then the small businesses, those hurting the most right now, will not survive and people will end up back in the food lines.