Isolation Building. Anyone Actually Modeling?

Hey all! What is everyone building while being in isolation? I shut the news off, avoid threads dealing with the doom and gloom, and I am flying through the builds and really putting  my lockdown time to good use. I feel like a kid again, just building straight OOB and just having fun. Added to that my 11 year old Son has joined me and we've been having a blast! I wish I could post some pictures but since Photo Bucket did their thing I haven't found an easy site to post pictures from (recommendations for an easy hassle free means is greatly appreciated). Anyways, here is what I have accomplished in the last three weeks (this is A LOT for me...for ARC's very own speedy builder Phantom not so much...for me its A LOT LOL!):

1) Tamiya 1/35 Kubelwagen original issue almost completely done. Just need decals and light weathering. Searching for adequate figures.

2) Tamiya 1/35 T-34/85 almost done, just need decals and light weathering. No figures.

3) Tamiya 1/35 StuG IV original issue main camouflage painted, needs stowage/pioneer tools painted, gloss, decals, light weathering, figure to be painted.

4) Tamiya 1/35 Merkava Mk. 1 original issue about to spray main camouflage. Figure needs to be assembled.

5) Lindberg 1/35 T-55 ready for primer (rough kit though). Pressed into service Dragon T-72 tank commander from spares needs painting.

About to start:

A) Tamiya 1/35 original issue British Universal Carrier.

Possibly:

B) Tamiya M2 Bradley. I want to do the 80's four color camouflage  (black/tan/green/white?) if I can get up the courage.

My Son has built 2 1/72 Tiger I's, and is almost done a 1/35 Walker Bulldog. He's also built three COBI Tanks, one COBI Spitfire, and has just started working on a COBI C-47 Skytrain.

So, what are you all building? Maybe this can be an unofficial ARC Isolation GB thread. Just post whatever you're working on no matter what or at what stage. Consider this a feel good modeling thread. No doom, no gloom, no stress...just modeling in isolation.

Happy modeling all!

Hey Don, great topic!

Heck yeah, I've been building! I finished Monogram's F-84F Thunderstreak, I'm finishing up Tamiya's Mk. Vb, and I'm in the middle of Hasegawa's A-4E. I'm a teacher, and my district's already decided to close campuses for the rest of the year. That means I'll have plenty of more time for building. After the Spitfire, I'm not sure what I'll be starting. I'm planning on having a couple of builds going at the same time.

Looking forward to seeing what everyone else is building. Everyone stay clean, stay healthy, and stay indoors!

Cheers!

-O

4 minutes ago, oortiz10 said:

Hey Don, great topic!

Heck yeah, I've been building! I finished Monogram's F-84F Thunderstreak, I'm finishing up Tamiya's Mk. Vb, and I'm in the middle of Hasegawa's A-4E. I'm a teacher, and my district's already decided to close campuses for the rest of the year. That means I'll have plenty of more time for building. After the Spitfire, I'm not sure what I'll be starting. I'm planning on having a couple of builds going at the same time.

Looking forward to seeing what everyone else is building. Everyone stay clean, stay healthy, and stay indoors!

Cheers!

-O

That's awesome! The Tamiya Spit sure is a beauty of a kit huh. I built the Hasegawa Scooter years ago and loved it. Good luck and thanks for sharing!

Happy modeling all!

Yep, in fact it's enabled me to build in record time.  

Began this beast in late February.  Never dreamed I'd finish so fast, as complicated as it was and with all the scratchbuilding involved.

Build thread:  http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/312299-lee-1-wreck-doh/

Finished: http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/312456-lee-1-wreck-d-of-h/

I wish. I'm stuck doing the online portion of my college courses, single parent to raise my kids during all of this, AND I am still trying to finish moving. I have piles of models to build, that I want to build, that I can't get to even during the absolute best time to do so! You guys rock for doing what I am unable to right now. Keep it up!

I wish I had time to build. My wife and I are both classified as essential service (aviation) so we are working, albeit with reduced hours and reduced pay (due to less traffic and business)

My oldest is no longer in daycare as she closed due everything, but my twins are still going 4 days a week starting this week, we pulled them out one day to try to save $$ due to our reduced pay. I actually have LESS time to myself after all this than I did before!!!

Sean

I’ve got less time now. Wife is essential working 8-10 hrs a day from home. I’ve got the 5 year old twins Home since schools are closed, got to keep up their schooling, out of her hair, cook, clean,  all that fun stuff. I had more time to build prepandemic and I don’t see that changing anytime soon.

1 hour ago, Andrew D. the Jolly Rogers guy said:

Yep, in fact it's enabled me to build in record time.  

Began this beast in late February.  Never dreamed I'd finish so fast, as complicated as it was and with all the scratchbuilding involved.

Build thread:  http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/312299-lee-1-wreck-doh/

Finished: http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/312456-lee-1-wreck-d-of-h/

Sweet! Dukes of Hazard was my go-to TV show back in the day. Loved the General Lee. Daisy was easy on the eyes too :rolleyes:. Nice build, really looks the part. Thanks for sharing!

Happy modeling all!

not quarantined but still building

this was last month, Takom 1/16 panzer 1

DSC_0558-L.jpg

I had so much fun with that one I built 3 of the type 94 tanks also in 1/16

DSC_0590-XL.jpg

next up is the Takom AK-130 naval gun

DSC_0592-XL.jpg

Oh yes. I'm wrapping up a couple of car builds I pulled out of The Naughty Closet back in January and a couple more going on in the group build. Since it still looks like it'll be awhile I'm thinking of pulling out a couple more stalled builds. That pile got pretty small this year 👍

15 hours ago, Don said:

I shut the news off, avoid threads dealing with the doom and gloom,......

.... Consider this a feel good modeling thread. No doom, no gloom, no stress...just modeling in isolation.

The best advice I have seen in a long time  :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, southwestforests said:

Things in a genre different from this forum's usual subject matter. 😉

49744036572_1d6e472164_z.jpg

49743177983_771b171ede_z.jpg

Hey a fellow Model Railroader! N Scale myself but I have been collecting some HO materials over the last long while (my eyes are not what they used to be so I am anticipating the inevitable switch). My layout is loosely based on the Conrail Appalachian routes...coal country. I run mainly 1980's-2000 diesels like SD40-2's, Geeps, SD70's, but I do have an AMTRACK and "Tourist Train" Super Chief (I LOVE the Warbonet paint scheme). Haven't run any trans in a while though as I've been busy and having fun model building.

Good stuff! Thanks for sharing!

Happy modeling all!

34 minutes ago, JackMan said:

The best advice I have seen in a long time  :thumbsup:

You bet! Too much negativity isn't healthy. Step away and immerse yourself in something you love and brings you enjoyment...like modeling! Hey happy modeling to you Sir!

Cheers!

1 hour ago, phantom said:

A little less. Got designated an essential worker so I have to go in to work. Unlike almost everyone I know. 

Thanks for looking after the fort for us Phantom :thumbsup:. No worries.. even on my current build tear you'll still end up with more done in 2020 then I will LOL!

If you find the time...Happy Modeling!

Cheers!

9 hours ago, dylan said:

not quarantined but still building

this was last month, Takom 1/16 panzer 1

DSC_0558-L.jpg

I had so much fun with that one I built 3 of the type 94 tanks also in 1/16

DSC_0590-XL.jpg

next up is the Takom AK-130 naval gun

DSC_0592-XL.jpg

1/16! Now that's just way too awesome:thumbsup:. I love my 1/35 but I must admit 1/16 interests me. Panzer I looks great. I love the German scout/light tanks like the Panzer I, II, and later the III. I have an ICM 1/35 Luchs that's been calling to me. The Type 94 Tankette's  look great too! I have always liked the yellow, green, red brown Japanese camouflage. Is that a Chinese copy I see on the left in the photo? Good stuff thanks for sharing!

Happy modeling!

EDIT: I now have the urge to play World of Tanks...one of my other hobbies...:woot.gif:

Edited by Don
1 hour ago, Don said:

Hey a fellow Model Railroader! N Scale myself but I have been collecting some HO materials over the last long while (my eyes are not what they used to be so I am anticipating the inevitable switch). My layout is loosely based on the Conrail Appalachian routes...coal country.

Hey there! Cool. Who in in a previous several decades would have imagined Conrail joining the ranks of the fallen flags.
My railway modeling is mostly a little of this and a little of that in several scale and gauge combinations.
In 1990s my eyes and hands were good enough to kitbash L&N passenger cars in N - those Model Power heavyweights could be reduced to kit form, have their walls rearranged, put on Kadee trucks, paint blue, and away we go 🙂 
Now I freelance in G, Gn15, On30, with enough HO so I can participate in a local club which began about a decade ago.

I get in 4-5 hours a day at the bench (no young kids) 16yr. old stays in his room only comes out to eat :thumbsup: . Just started the 1/72 Heller 707 to be built as an RCAF bird with 26decals may also start my 1/72 B-47E.  I've got plenty in the stash but might need to replenish the supply's.

Don

I have been taking advantage of this extra time working on a Tamiya 1/32 P-51D I started back in December.

I have also been supporting the aftermarket community even though I don't have an income right now. 

Stay safe everyone and happy modeling.

4 hours ago, Don said:

1/16! Now that's just way too awesome:thumbsup:. I love my 1/35 but I must admit 1/16 interests me. Panzer I looks great. I love the German scout/light tanks like the Panzer I, II, and later the III. I have an ICM 1/35 Luchs that's been calling to me. The Type 94 Tankette's  look great too! I have always liked the yellow, green, red brown Japanese camouflage. Is that a Chinese copy I see on the left in the photo? Good stuff thanks for sharing!

Happy modeling!

EDIT: I now have the urge to play World of Tanks...one of my other hobbies...:woot.gif:

those little type 94's are super fun to build, added bonus I don't need my glasses for most of it.
the green one is chinese, it comes with a really nice resin figure.

DSC_0578-XL.jpg

DSC_0580-X2.jpg

the multi colour one was the most fun to paint

DSC_0587-XL.jpg

I´m currently working on my third "pimped" M977 Gun truck, although this one does not have a gun...:

5qjPqKo.jpg

It has missiles!!

Q8x87Ef.jpg

hWML7BY.jpg

HYHcNnJ.jpg

I´m in the lucky situation that neither me nor my wife have to fear for our jobs (she is an university professor, I work for the German Armed Forces), the only "nuisance" we have are our two daughters who don´t have kindergarten or school at the moment. But now we have reached the two weeks of easter holidays, so we don´t have to swing the whip and try to homeschool our older daughter anymore.

Most time we work "homeoffice", and of course I can take some short breaks now and then and swing the brush or put some glue on two parts. Or three. Or the whole chassis... 😉

HAJO

Nice HEMTT's Hajo! Italeri or Trumpeter? I built the Italeri HEMTT ages ago and aside from the tires thought it was a good kit. I have another Italeri and a Trumpeter in the stash for a rainy day. Thanks for sharing and happy modeling!

EDIT: Spelling.

Edited by Don

Dutch that's cool! Very colorful and highly unique. Not something we see everyday. I've seen that kit on EBay but never pulled the trigger. Thanks for sharing and happy modeling!