Spitfire Mk. 1 from Eduard

Has this been shown? I dont think so. 

Mr. Sulc has shown some of the first test sprues of the brand new 48th scale Spitfire Mk.1  Till now only CAD images were shown. This is the real plastic!

I am not so much into the Mustang but this looks nice.

GzS95wD.jpg

Xs2h4Xt.jpg

8BWdk9T.jpg

BzXc98H.jpg

Jxf2UqR.jpg

MVu1gcU.jpg

3DySVwL.jpg

Here are the controversial positive rivets on the fuselage.

uejk7vc.jpg

Best regards

Gabor

Thanks for the pictures.  I didn't know Eduard had a Mk. 1 in the works.  I've come to love Eduard models, and I'd hope this forthcoming kit is as good as the rest of them.  I have the Tamiya Spit Mk. 1 but haven't built it yet.  Might be fun to do a side-by-side build of these when the Eduard model becomes available.

Edited by Curt B
2 hours ago, breadneck said:

Another Spitfire kit in the making...what has this world come to ?

Any business is cash-driven so I guess they tool what they think will sell. Besides, the last early Mk. 1 Spitfire tooled was from Airfix (like 10 or 12 years ago) and IMHO absolute rubbish, so there was a need for an early Mk. 1 Spitfire. I have the Tamiya one which I enjoy tremendously but it sadly does not offer the 2 blades propeller and flat canopy.

4 hours ago, Silver Seraph said:

Any business is cash-driven so I guess they tool what they think will sell. Besides, the last early Mk. 1 Spitfire tooled was from Airfix (like 10 or 12 years ago) and IMHO absolute rubbish, so there was a need for an early Mk. 1 Spitfire. I have the Tamiya one which I enjoy tremendously but it sadly does not offer the 2 blades propeller and flat canopy.

The last new tooled Spitfire Mk I from Airfix was in 2015 and is excellent.

23 minutes ago, Stephen said:

The last new tooled Spitfire Mk I from Airfix was in 2015 and is excellent.

Really ? Then I missed the boat. I was certain their last Mk. 1 was tooled in like 2010 or something like this, chunky mouldings and average part definition, to me it appeared like pure junk. I will go check on Scalemates which mould you mentioned.

23 hours ago, Silver Seraph said:

Looks very nice. Their splendid Tempest also featured positive rivets on the aft fuselage and I liked this very much. On this Spitfire, these look every bit as nice as on the Tempest.

I have the Eduard Tempest, and loved building it and painting/weathering it.  If their upcoming Spit Mk. 1 is even close in quality, I'll be thrilled!

When someone comments they have the "Tamiya Spit" do they even stop and consider there are two completely different Tamiya Spits around ? How are we to know which one they are referring to? NEW & OLD please folks so there is no doubt what we are talking about. As for me, i have the OLD Tamiya Spitifire which is a nice kit, well mostly because it is a Tamiya kit 🤩 When manufacturers constantly keep putting out the same old type, at some point you say, OK enough is enough. You can`t just keep buying the newest kit around all the time. I think there is a word for that, but can`t think of it right now because i`m slowly growing OLD :709-457: