Hoping for a good US source for a pair of 1/72 ESCAPAC seats for an EB-57. 

I do know the single True Details seat I have is undersized for the B-57, so maybe Pavla? 

But I do know if I get the cheapest pair on Ebay right now I'd be paying about $16, which is a bit more than I'm willing.

Recommendations?

Edited by Andrew D. the Jolly Rogers guy

By "undersized" is the primary concern height, width, or both?  If height only, you can add sheet styrene risers to add wjat you need without it being obvious (conceptually this could represent the adjustable height on the real seats).

The only aftermarket ESCAPACs I have are True Details and Aeroclub, both of which are very similar in size.  In addition to Pavla,  Neomega also did them, but I have no idea about any dimensional differences. Quickboost also does an ESCAPAC seat, although only one per package and labeled only as a "Skyhawk ejection seat."

Quickboost 1/72 A-4 Ejection Seat

I believe other cockpit sets from the sister brand Aires also include ESCAPACs (notably the early A-7 set) but no idea if they're any different from the standalone Quickboost part.

If nothing aftermarket fits your 

size or budget needs, have you considered detailing the kit seats or a pair from another kit (esp. if slated for aftermarket replacements)?  All things considered the ESCAPAC is a pretty simple design, and since it was used in so many types there's a wide selection of kits that could provide a basis for scratch-detailing.

I prefer the Quickboost seats.  They are readily available, the detail is good, and the size seems right.  The True Detail seats seem much too small.

Regards,

Murph