CD48182 - 1/48 A-6A/E Test & Eval Intruders

Both high & low vis I assume?  I’ll be buying multiple sheets. 

Is is it possible to make sheets with just the typical Pax River tail patches/NAWC banner and standard Navy lettering/numbers?  Seems you could do a various amount of 1/48 Pax River tails (Tomcats/Intruders/Skyhawks/Harriers.....the list goes on) with just those markings. 

https://images.app.goo.gl/2uZScxQGnCNMz1U68

https://www.aviationphotocompany.com/p171322681/h6324582c

NATC Patuxent River A-6A Intruder BuNo 152600

A-6E_Intruder_releasing_a_Walleye_II.jpg

arc_1012_p3.jpg

Edited by Collin

Honestly, I only had a few high-vis options in mind; but the low-vis options are a great idea. This is the reason this subforum exists - I will look into the low-vis aircraft and make sure you can build one each of high-vis and low-vis options on the sheet.

527 dropping the Walleye should be around that timeframe. Think they were qualifying the new composite wing, but not sure. SD 202 was wearing the same NAWC banner on the orange tail around the ‘96 timeframe doing GBU-16 testing. 

Cheers

Collin

2 hours ago, KursadA said:

Honestly, I only had a few high-vis options in mind; but the low-vis options are a great idea. This is the reason this subforum exists - I will look into the low-vis aircraft and make sure you can build one each of high-vis and low-vis options on the sheet.

The low viz  gray schemes would definitely be cool. You could weather the gray and it would starkly contrast the hi-viz orange like the obsolete aircraft turned into Q-drones.

Looked good for a Tomcat:

VEpn2Pr.jpg

OrVDbmp.jpg

My Prowler pics are DOA because I finally got fed up with PB, let me go find find one. The orange intakes can be tricky if you mask them (Intruder would be the same). 

5QvVb42.jpg

VLqwKTW.jpg

Edited by Collin

Here is #149486 @ PMTC with Tomahawk missile on stbd pylon, probably balanced by one or possibly two fuel tanks on the port pylon(s) as in the Walleye photo above, but not shown here (no shadow under port wing) for some reason.  Tomahawk is bright orange with black rectangular reference markings & white upper tail fin.

001.JPG.60ef14e20ed724c493f14de662ff54ca.JPG

Edited by Dutch

I’ll echo what Collin is saying. A basic marking sheet will go a long way covering several aircrafts.

I guess I’ll be the first to ask, any thoughts about making these into 1/32? Please, don’t make me beg lol. 

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Corey said:

is this sheet now in the June batch?

Hi Corey,

This sheet will be part of the July batch.  The 1/48 sheets I will release in June are the B-57 and QF-4B Navy Drone Phantoms.