CD48182 - 1/48 A-6A/E Test & Eval Intruders

On 5/16/2020 at 1:48 PM, Dutch said:

And a 1/72 release a little later perhaps? 

I will add a couple options from my older 1/48 Intruder sheet (CD48033) and scale them down to make a new 1/72 Intruder sheet sometime this year.

16 minutes ago, KursadA said:

I will add a couple options from my older 1/48 Intruder sheet (CD48033) and scale them down to make a new 1/72 Intruder sheet sometime this year.

Ooorah! Please add VMA(AW)-242 DT-12.

Edited by Dutch
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/12/2020 at 10:37 PM, Collin said:

527 dropping the Walleye should be around that timeframe. Think they were qualifying the new composite wing, but not sure. SD 202 was wearing the same NAWC banner on the orange tail around the ‘96 timeframe doing GBU-16 testing. 

Cheers

Collin

Looking through the Squadron/Signal book "Intruder" page 46 shows Salty Dog 527 . It says in the accompanying text that it is composite replacement wing  prototype #2 .

12 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Looking through the Squadron/Signal book "Intruder" page 46 shows Salty Dog 527 . It says in the accompanying text that it is composite replacement wing  prototype #2 .

Yep, they were requalifying the composite wing for ordnance. Some other pics around of her fully loaded with full MERs of ROCKEYE or MK-82’s

Collin

38 minutes ago, Collin said:

Yep, they were requalifying the composite wing for ordnance. Some other pics around of her fully loaded with full MERs of ROCKEYE or MK-82’s

Collin

The book has photos of 527 loaded with 28 x Mk20, another shot shows 4 x GBU-10 . 

Thumbing through an old 1976 issue of Koku-fan magazine and came across a b&w photo of A-6A 149486 in PMTC Mark's [57] with a Tomahawk on the stbd pylon,  a camera pod on centerline,  and a Mk.83  1000# dumb bomb on the port pylon (for balance?). Link is here

K/r. Dutch 

Edited by Dutch
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...