Wonderfully fascinating aircraft, mixed propulsion.  Standard piston engine connected to and drove essentially a jet engine lacking a turbine.  First flew just as Germany was surrendering, too late for the war.  One year after its first flight the pure jet MiG-9 overtook it, and then one more year after that the vastly superior MiG-15. 

Production version equipped one small squadron in the Baltic Naval units very briefly.

Omega resin, done in two weeks.  Modifications include:

- Altered tail to make a "true" MiG-13 (as opposed to the I-250 prototypes)

- scratchbuilt landing gear

- Bf-109F resin exhausts 

- tailwheel from RPM MiG-3

twehaDi.jpg

ED8fYj7.jpg

ztHisPk.jpg

466KtgP.jpg

T0SUZWY.jpg

MHNW22W.jpg

4BlSQAG.jpg

Not bad considering....airframe fits very well, for a resin kit.  

Cockpit is a contrast to that, extremely basic floor and consoles, and what is there isn't worth mentioning other than the seat parts, although the armored seat back needed cutting down and narrowing.  Had to remove the consoles (more like lumps) to make the seat bottom fit.

Knew right away I'd have to scratch build replacements for the main gear, as the resin would be 'WAY too weak to support this.  Made it with brass rod, then added styrene tube to that and other details 'til I had it as right as it was going to be.