Finally; a new 1/72 Phantom

5 hours ago, Paul Boyer said:

The TF-56 engine is not really a shelf item due to costs alone. Back in the eighties and early nineties I was in and out of Allisons on the southside of Indy almost weekly.  They were talking about two South American countries and Portugal as well as the Thailand governments placing orders for a TF56 / C123 project. Orders like that are on and then off again with the snap of your fingers. Had they been started; it'd be different, and your looking at a six month wait. 

Anyway, I would swear I saw a photo of two or three parked beside each other in Thailand. Myself, I'd be more interested in somebody doing the V1710 conversion on the B17 airframe, I did get a real good look thru that one (on the Fed's "fish scale"). Looks like P38 sheet metal adapted to fit the B17 wing. Think they built two, and one burnt to the ground. 

gary

18 hours ago, ChesshireCat said:

it would be nice to be able to buy individual sprus from Zvezda! There were some C123's refitted with TF-56 engines, and pretty much used the same sheet metal as the C130 used. 

gary

This is the Finemolds F-4 Phantom thread.....

"New Product F-4 EJ's decal production in progress! The Bangashira is in charge of the decal manuscript. I'm going to put a two-dimensional stuff on a-dimensional surface, so I'm actually putting it on and checking it out."  FineMolds caption

fg5aC6o.jpg?1

Vj3Nsx0.jpg?1

For those of us that still use kit decals.

Edited by Craig Baldwin

Exactly!

But some people were surprised to see this “primitive” approach when first shown and imagined that this is out of question in today’s Hi-Tech world.  This is why I shown this based on FineMolds photos.

Same goes for decal design, I had many sheets of printed multi view  drawings to make sketches for future stencil markings, exact placement, shape, size and of course text. It took weeks of research like this before going on to a computer to make a more digestible illustration.

Best regards

Gabor

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, pollie said:

So October seems like a realistic release month!

This also from Finemolds "It's crazy, it's pretty tempered. Once this is done, the release date can be officially announced".

Sorry, for some reason reason my usual links are broken on this message board.

Edited by Craig Baldwin
links

So, while waiting for the kit .... :whistle:

Is this a "teaser", or does the Decal Maker just have a sloppy desk with extraneous references in view?

0PJqHOE.jpg

Of course that's an F-4B:

rnSimzw.jpg

The F-4B/N would be one of the biggest steps FM would have to take if they were to expand the Phantom line since it would require significant mold work, in particular the flat wing.  Better to start the short nose variants with an F-4C/D.

:hmmm:

Gene K

1 hour ago, GeneK said:

The F-4B/N would be one of the biggest steps FM would have to take if they were to expand the Phantom line since it would require significant mold work, in particular the flat wing.  Better to start the short nose variants with an F-4C/D.

:hmmm:

Gene K

Dreaming, dreaming, dreaming . . .  : )   : )   : )   : )    : )    : )

Lets get out this E's first and see how they go and then decide on what to do next . . .

Gabor

1 hour ago, ya-gabor said:

Looks like this  : )   : )   : )

Translated text says, "The package is ready. The package has been completed even though the assembly instructions have not been submitted yet. Seriously (sweat ". 

Hopefully we'll see the return of  somewhat  normal world-wide postal service after the kits are released (for the benefit of modellers as well as FineMolds). The only shipping options right now from Hobby Search, for example,  are surface and DHL (premium). DHL for me, of course. :waiting:

Gene K

Edited by GeneK
12 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

Bagged and ready to go!

Stabs, burner cans and outer wing panels in one package ... as with the part groupings and the parts breakdown, the packaging gives more indicators of FM's  planning for possible further variants.  :hmmm:

Gene K

Edited by GeneK

The STASH which the owner wants to get rid off soon   : )   : )   : )   : )

The FP37 is the standard F-4EJ Phantom II.

0rPhkei.jpg

The FP 38 kit is the F-4EJ KAI Phantom II

bJzKo7V.jpg

Anyone interested??? : )   : )   : )

Best regards

Gabor