Finally; a new 1/72 Phantom

16 hours ago, Stefan buysse said:

Hi,

Were you thinking of Rainbow Ten?

They ceased their parts service in 2012.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/missinglynx/noooooooo-the-rainbow-ten-internet-store-closing-d-t186993.html

If anyone knows about other ways to order parts from Japan, I'd also love to hear about it. I'm after some Zoukei Moura  Navy style F-4 inner pylons.

Cheers, Stefan. 

Hobby Link Japan also used to do it. I've had some Fujimi decal sheets from them, it was many years ago though.

----------------

It all confirms (fortunately) what we have been talking about before for months on the break down of parts. So a new sprue for the Japanese RF-4EJ is obviously in making with all the additional parts. 

Those Japanese aniverary schemes are simply new box with new decal, sure there is a market for it (somewhere). 

But the short gun E version is different!

And so I would say any other version can also be made in future even if they at FineMolds dont say so directly. 

Good news all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best regards

Gabor

Edited by ya-gabor

More F-4 "enhancements" coming from FM:

DuiWvDB.jpg

Google just "upgraded" their excellent Translate app, so I can unfortunately no longer read Japanese like above.  I'm assuming the set is colored etch.

Gene K

Edit: The parts are plastic - sprues here:

EjuzvYDVoAEhCN0?format=jpg&name=medium

Edited by GeneK
22 hours ago, GeneK said:

More F-4 "enhancements" coming from FM:

DuiWvDB.jpg

Google just "upgraded" their excellent Translate app, so I can unfortunately no longer read Japanese like above.  I'm assuming the set is colored etch.

Gene K

Edit: The parts are plastic - sprues here:

EjuzvYDVoAEhCN0?format=jpg&name=medium

Interesting.  It seems odd they didn’t just include those in the box.   Hardly any plastic there!  I can say that the FineMolds nano line makes some incredible seatbelts and I have added them to my ZM F-4E. 
9d7KrGL.jpg

6oMBGlM.jpg

Edited by Falconxlvi
3 hours ago, Falconxlvi said:

I can say that the FineMolds nano line makes some incredible seatbelts and I have added them to my ZM F-4E. 

Really great looking - from where did you order them?

Gene K

A bit of Heavy Metal for all the fans!

mUx4TDb.jpg

Work is on for the RF-4EJ versions additional sprue which was announced for release early in 2021. Hope FineMolds will show this work in as much detail as on previous Phantom sprues.

The “nest” is cut.

Fp7orSV.jpg

Best regards

Gabor

Interestingly the fuselage panel lines are very thin; way thinner than the F-14 kit.

Kind of like the new Zvezda models but in this case all of them do appear.(Unfortunately the lines at new Zvezda models are kind of disappeared due molding process I think)

As stated in the video of HLJ the model might be finished during the weekend, of course for average and above modellers.

Good morning,

I have realized that they have two holes inside the air intakes on the upper edges. They are like the location pin holes ready to be drilled out for the long thin antennas that the Navy version and Greek type carry.

Any idea anout this?

Would any of You bet on for a Navy or a Greek version?

All the best,

Production at full steam.

It is either simply re-stoking of the Nano NA10 set or FineMolds anticipating (rightfully) a surge in demand for the Phantom ejection seat harness sets . : )  : )  : )

Most certainly from me yes!  : )  : )

Nx85sla.jpg 

Best regards

Gabor

On 10/7/2020 at 9:06 AM, ya-gabor said:

IAnd so I would say any other version can also be made in future even if they at FineMolds dont say so directly. 

While waiting for those other FM versions, I did these quick mock ups:

C model using Monogram nose:

J7gRi28l.png

RF using Hasegawa front end:

na4H2Nkl.jpg

Gene K

Edited by GeneK
3 hours ago, GeneK said:

na4H2Nkl.jpg

Gene K

Hi Gene,

Looks nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I see you got a box full of FineMolds Phantoms to do a lot of crosskiting.  : )  : )  : ) 

Have fun!!!!!!!!

Will the FineMolds cockpit fit into the Hase nose section? 

Will the FineMolds canopy fit onto the Hase nose?

Why not use only the bottom part with the covered over Sparrow bays and the just the extreme rece nose area from the Hase and grafted onto the FineMolds nose, cockpit, intake splitter plate spacers . . .  A lot of surgical work but . . .

Anyway there will be even more scribing to be done, but most certainly worth a go to get a real RF-4! The FineMolds RF-4EJ will be a different bird!

But is it in the plans to do a pure out of box F-4EJ version too? Or all the kits will be conversions?

Best regards

Gabor

3 hours ago, GeneK said:

C model using Monogram nose:

J7gRi28l.png

na4H2Nkl.jpg

Gene K

Ehi Gene, I sent you an email, let me know what I'd to do

Gianni