Finally; a new 1/72 Phantom

23 minutes ago, playertwo said:

dunno, found a few places that have it on pre-order..

I'm confused by the Plazajapan link. It says for pre-order June 30, 2021, but also has an "ADD TO CART" link. Do they expect another release of this kit?

2 hours ago, playertwo said:

That Dutch shop will probably receive the shipment of Vietnam Early kits only in June. Suppose it is still somewhere out at sea on the way from Japan. (or stuck in the Suez  . . .)

The Vietnam kit was released I think in mid March (15th or so) and sent out to retailers.

So there could be a chance to get the kit, and that this Dutch shop can still have it on preorder.

I did mention in another topic with my look at the kit that for example a Czech shop had a lot of them on sale, they had ordered them but it looks like Czech modellers did not like it so much, so the shop had it for 39Euro and delivered in about 3 days. Had a look and as we speak they do have the first released kits F-4EJ (FP37) as well as the F-4EJ Kai (FP38) in stock for 39Euro. In most of European Union they deliver free with orders over 100 or so Euro. We had two kits and bits and pieces plus and so I had to pay only 39 for the kit. If ordered from Japan it would have cost far more both in money and in time (one Japan shop had 4-5 week delivery).

Since on Czech market the kit did not go so well I am not sure if they will have and invest in other versions of the FineMolds Phantom like the Vietnam Early kit.  

Best regards

Gabor 

9 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

That Dutch shop will probably receive the shipment of Vietnam Early kits only in June. Suppose it is still somewhere out at sea on the way from Japan. (or stuck in the Suez  . . .)

The Vietnam kit was released I think in mid March (15th or so) and sent out to retailers.

So there could be a chance to get the kit, and that this Dutch shop can still have it on preorder.

I did mention in another topic with my look at the kit that for example a Czech shop had a lot of them on sale, they had ordered them but it looks like Czech modellers did not like it so much, so the shop had it for 39Euro and delivered in about 3 days. Had a look and as we speak they do have the first released kits F-4EJ (FP37) as well as the F-4EJ Kai (FP38) in stock for 39Euro. In most of European Union they deliver free with orders over 100 or so Euro. We had two kits and bits and pieces plus and so I had to pay only 39 for the kit. If ordered from Japan it would have cost far more both in money and in time (one Japan shop had 4-5 week delivery).

Since on Czech market the kit did not go so well I am not sure if they will have and invest in other versions of the FineMolds Phantom like the Vietnam Early kit.  

Best regards

Gabor 

Hi Gabor,

Is there any obvious reason why the Czechs did mot like the FM 1/72 Phantom? I just got curiıous about it and I am surprised to hear that. As far as I know the Czech modellers are always on something that they can detail up for gorgeous results and in my humble opinion FM 1(72 Phantom is a great base to do that.

7 hours ago, clumsy said:

Is there any obvious reason why the Czechs did mot like the FM 1/72 Phantom? 

I have absolutely no idea! There are some Czech contributors on this forum, I think they should explain.

The FineMolds Phantom kits were sold out in most cases even before release on preorders from almost all shops. It is interesting to see that in this particular Czech shop it is still freely available months later and I still think at a good price and with excellent delivery terms in comparison to getting it directly from Japan.

So there must be a reason why they don’t like it, but they are Czech modellers. Sometimes hard to understand them.  : )   : )

Best regards

Gabor

10 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

So there must be a reason why they don’t like it ... .

Sounds like you came to a very general conclusion with no real substantiating data or background!!

Gene 

Edited by GeneK
12 hours ago, GeneK said:

Sounds like you came to a very general conclusion with no real substantiating data or background!!

Gene 

Hi Gene,

Well it all depends on where you look at it from. I  did say that soem Czech forum members should express opinions. 

The "substantial data" that I refered too is more based on reading Czech modeller forums in the past close to a year since the FineMolds kit was announced and shown.

I have many Czech friends and some of them given some explanation for this but to go into details would take up dozens of pages. This is why I said that rather Czech modellers should give their views here if they want.

All I can say that in my opinion the FineMolds kit is Phantastic and is far far better than anything before. It has few issues but they are no deal breakers and for any modeller an easy 5-10 minute work.

But what is far more important is the next announcement from FineMolds today and it is not April fools day

So the short nose NAVY versions are somewhere in the pipeline  : )  : )  : )

x5aHyqI.jpg

Best regards

Gabor

Edited by ya-gabor

So for August 2021 release are

FP43S        US Navy F-4J fighter
                   “Ard Burks”

FP46S       U.S. Air Force F-4C fighter
                 “Air National Guard
                  (State Air Force) ”

In September will come:

FP47S       U.S. Air Force F-4D fighter
                   "First Migua Ace"

72843         US Marine Corps F-4J Fighter
                    “Marines”

And in August there will be 2 US weapons sets:

FP 44        U.S. Forces
                  Aircraft missile set 2

FP 45        U.S. Forces
                  Aircraft bomb set

Best regards

Gabor

Edited by ya-gabor

The new kits announced today will includ 2 pilot figures.

According to FineMolds:

The pilot figure that comes with the F-4 "Short Nose" series and "First Special Edition" announced today is designed by Tamiyasan to fit our kit perfectly.

Mk0qfyM.jpg

VBQkHoX.jpg

Interesting cooperation!

Best regards

Gabor

5 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

But what is far more important is the next announcement from FineMolds today and it is not April fools day

Hallelujah!! Thanks for that heads up, Gabor. Bodes well for other versions like the slatted E and F-4G.:clap2:

Gene K

Woohoo!!! The Navy Phantoms were what I was waiting for!  Where would be the best place to pre-order for me in Canada?  Hobby Link Japan?  Too bad they don't have VF-84 Jolly Rogers included, I guess its aftermarket decals I guess.

On 4/9/2021 at 10:29 PM, playertwo said:

just wondering if i should start looking elsewhere or hang tight and fine molds will produce more?

looked elsewhere and snagged one from plazajapan as well as my original order from HLJ that was backordered.. guess i'll have two incoming now!

I just "preordered" the USAF ANG F-4C & the Marine F-4J VMFAT-101 kits from HLJ. They won't be released until Sep & Oct, but I can wait. After all, I have waited 50 years for VMFAT-101 Phantom decals, so what's a few more months!

19 minutes ago, Dutch said:

I just "preordered" the USAF ANG F-4C & the Marine F-4J VMFAT-101 kits from HLJ. They won't be released until Sep & Oct, but I can wait. After all, I have waited 50 years for VMFAT-101 Phantom decals, so what's a few more months!

Dutch,

Never mind...wrong squadron....

Edited by fasteagle12
5 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

Engine exhaust for the short nose version in making.

Short Nose F-4B/C/D/N Nozzle. Maybe there will be an option for a more "at rest" set. Will be interesting to watch it develop.

Gene K

EDIT: Or could this be a refinement of the F-4E nozzle for the F-4J?

Edited by GeneK

One of the new sprues for the Short Nose generation of FineMolds Phantom kits. This is for the F-4J version with nose cone, instrument panels, side panels (as usual both engraved and plain for decals) cover under windscreen, fin tip antenna . . .

FqyPhyQ.jpg 

Best regards

Gabor

Here is a view of the right side panel in after cockpit. The "wall" covering where on the outside the refueling probe is. Laser engraved details. One must remember that this is 72nd scale and it is a mirror image of the would be plastic part. 

Some nice surface details and textures there!

l2Ysj3X.jpg

Best regards

Gabor