CD48184 - 1/48 CH-53

12 minutes ago, paulsbrown said:

Sounds like a pretty interesting helicopter to include, great suggestion.

But didn't Dirty Harry carry a .44 magnum?

Dirty Harry did indeed carry a .44 Magnum . 

@paulsbrown Yes, the most powerful handgun in the world!  

@Rod D I'd be interested in one or two of your Jeeps, if you can spare them.  I am trying to make a 1/48 SM-62 Snark diorama and searching for 1/48 vehicles.  I forgot about the Jeep and howitzer that came in the CH-53 kit, and I had that kit oh so many years ago.  I'd like to have the Jeep as a SP vehicle or perhaps Wing Commander's vehicle.

@KursadA  Which makes the suggestion of adding some yellow USAF serials and white TP 34 and Strata Blue SECURITY POLICE banners on white background a really nice to have. Though probably not doable, compared to the simple white or black USA or USMC lettering for an OD Jeep. 

K/r,

Dutch

On 4/30/2020 at 12:45 PM, KursadA said:

Are there other photos of the OPFOR example anywhere else? 

I was flipping through an old Koku-Fan and saw an add for Koku-fan Illustrated No 76, it may have what you are looking for.

67BEA517-669A-4781-9B67-4374BD847620.jpeg

Edited by Corey
8 hours ago, achterkirch said:

Hannants is showing that Revell is reissuing there 1/48 CH-53 kit soon so this sheet will have some perfect timing. 

Yes, Kursad mentioned that in his opening post.

No need to wait for a reissue here! Have many CHs in the stash, even the first edition from the 80ies (got it when it was released the first time). 

But I support the suggestion for an IAF and Marines CH. Marines can be nice in the three tone scheme as well as in the olive drab scheme. But afaik the Marines had a special olive color. USAF in EURO1 would be nice, also...

For a decent IAF CH a upgrade set in resin would be great! Many things are different or missing in the Revell kit. Already talked about it with Raanan Weiß some years ago but no results until today. 😞

For german CHs there are already decals out there from DF helo stuff.

2 hours ago, tobiK said:

No need to wait for a reissue here! Have many CHs in the stash, even the first edition from the 80ies (got it when it was released the first time). 

But I support the suggestion for an IAF and Marines CH. Marines can be nice in the three tone scheme as well as in the olive drab scheme. But afaik the Marines had a special olive color. USAF in EURO1 would be nice, also...

For a decent IAF CH a upgrade set in resin would be great! Many things are different or missing in the Revell kit. Already talked about it with Raanan Weiß some years ago but no results until today. 😞

For german CHs there are already decals out there from DF helo stuff.

25 minutes ago, Dutch said:

For that matter, IRINA markings would be sure hit in the three tone blue/grey scheme.

yes, but this sheet is for US aircraft.

24 minutes ago, Tank said:

Ugly 53 is already covered by FLD. 

Mmmmmm, yes. but finding a set ????

Edited by ixgr1

Finding a CH-53D modell in the three tone camo is not so easy. At that time many squadrons already changed to the E modell. I remember seeing a pic somewhere of a D modell from HMH 463 "pegasus" sporting the three tone camo (grey-green-black). I would love decals for such a version because you can add the sand filters, fuel tanks and the tank boom! (And maybe a Browning MG in an open side door...).

21 hours ago, Tank said:

Hahhaha yes, very much seen that set available.......

-postage outside the USA has actually improved recently?

Mmmmm, I may eagerly see what Mr Kursad can produce for a Pavelow ?........... 🤩

Edited by ixgr1
3 hours ago, ixgr1 said:

Hahhaha yes, very much seen that set available.......

-postage outside the USA has actually improved recently?

Has it? Seems postage worldwide (doesn’t matter where you are or going) has gone crazy with international air travel basically suspended. 

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, KursadA said:

While researching markings, I just stumbled upon this pretty good free book here - just thought some of you guys might enjoy it.

On a Steel Horse I Ride : A History of the MH-53 Pave Low Helicopters in War and Peace

Excellent book.  I have one copy in the keep sake book shelf, and another copy that is worn and dog eared from many airline flights.

• 2 months later...

Any updates concerning a possible release date? Especially for 1/72? Because currently I have four CH/HH-53s in my stash, and while I know what to do with two of them, the two other ones are still "unplanned".

HAJO