CD48184 - 1/48 CH-53

15 hours ago, YF65_CH53E said:

Absolutely STUNNING Sir!!

My closet of CH-53's Thanks you one and all!!

Can not wait to see them.

r/Gunny

IMG_3722.jpg

So that's where they all went.  

6 minutes ago, AD-4N said:

So that's where they all went.  

I know....I'd like to get one of his 1/72 CH-53E kits...but guess I'll have to wait for Italeri to reissue it..hopefully sooner than later.

1 hour ago, fasteagle12 said:

I know....I'd like to get one of his 1/72 CH-53E kits...but guess I'll have to wait for Italeri to reissue it..hopefully sooner than later.

W3vx1jK.jpg.8de537b30160596d12d9cdd7d548781b.jpg

ch53rl_3.jpg

ch53rl_2.jpg

ch53rl_4.jpg

ch53rl_5.jpg

Years ago, I built the 1/72 Revell boxing of the Italeri CH-53E.  I was pleased that I folded the blades correctly, but I should have shortened the landing gear.  Every time I look at these photos, it looks like it is on stilts.  

Edited by AD-4N
pictures
3 hours ago, AD-4N said:

W3vx1jK.jpg.8de537b30160596d12d9cdd7d548781b.jpg

ch53rl_3.jpg

ch53rl_2.jpg

ch53rl_4.jpg

ch53rl_5.jpg

Years ago, I built the 1/72 Revell boxing of the Italeri CH-53E.  I was pleased that I folded the blades correctly, but I should have shortened the landing gear.  Every time I look at these photos, it looks like it is on stilts.  

It looks just fine, its just low on fuel......sitting high on the struts!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Kursad,

Received my set in the mail on Monday.  These are just fantastic.  The three sheets are very crisp and the colors are spot on.  I went through the data stencils and other markings you included.  All appear to be right on.   The options for the tri-color camouflage as well as the gloss marine green are fantastic.  The option to do flat marine green is there as well since you included the flat black stencil data.  The USN RH-53A/D's are well represented. I see you included the VC-1 scheme, I've always wanted to model that 53A!!!  The minesweepers were always very colorful aircraft and the dark gloss gray makes a very nice model, especially in 1/48th scale.  (Albeit a large model, and I know the 1/72 folks are anxiously awaiting these sheets as am I).

I know with a lot of your decals folks are able to "kit-bash" and make their own subjects from your sheets.  The ability to do that here is an option for other 53's as well.  With the high gloss color data, and the American flags included, one could easily with some gold/white pin stripes make a high gloss HMX-1 CH-53D aircraft.  The white "UNITED STATES MARINES" on the side is available from other kits.

From a USN/USMC view of the world, I love the sheet and have many options for the Navy/Marine service members I build for.  Tip of the hat to you Sir!

I have a CH-53D tri-color camo bird on the bench and it will be the my test bed for these sheets.  I my only hope is to show your decals off as well as some of the others here do.

If there is anything else I or my squadron mates can do please let me know.

Onto the USAF sheets!!!!!!

r/Gunny Dan

12 minutes ago, Dutch said:

Gunny, With Academy re-popping the old Fujimi 1/72 CH-53D/HH-53C kit as a USMC CH-53D Operation Frequent Wind, the 1/72 decals will be eagerly anticipated.

ABSOLUTELY!!  Any word on when their release date is???  Fingers crossed the Fujimi/Italeri CH/MH-53E is also re-popped.  (1/72)

12 hours ago, YF65_CH53E said:

ABSOLUTELY!!  Any word on when their release date is???  Fingers crossed the Fujimi/Italeri CH/MH-53E is also re-popped.  (1/72)

Gunny,

SCM says Academy issued the MH-53E in 2016.  Yeah, yeah, I know, 6 years ago is a lifetime in model availability.  Maybe they will re-release it later this year or next.  No telling when the CH-35D boxing will be released later this year.

K/r,

Dutch

Hi Gunny,

Thanks a lot for your comments. The CH-53 sheet has been fairly popular; and I hope you will like the USAF sheet and the scaled-down 1/72 sheets as well.

Sorry about the silence in the last few days - it's been pretty busy lately. All of your orders should be on their way to you; and I will start the preparations for the next batch of decals this weekend. After the B-1B and F-22 sheets are off to print, I will be working on the long-awaited B-52 and P-3 sets.

1 hour ago, KursadA said:

The CH-53 sheet has been fairly popular; and I hope you will like the USAF sheet and the scaled-down 1/72 sheets as well.

Guessing the 1/72 versions won't be coming much before Aug or Sep, possibly even later, Kursad?

• 2 weeks later...

Received all of my sheets today.  All look immaculate.  I should have enough now to finally do some builds for my 1970's Marine Veterans!!  Looking forward to the 1/72 and the USAF sheets.

Thank you for what you do Sir!!

r/Gy

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I'm not really a helicopter builder, but the CH-53 has gotten my attention.  When the Caracal decals come out I'm thinking of building a pave low version of the Revell kit.  I've rounded up the pave low parts, as well as, a lot of other aftermarket stuff.  My question is; there is an Isra-cast detail set out and I'm wondering if it will help build a USAF pave low, or is the set mostly unusable for an American machine?   The thing I don't know is whether the helicopters were modified in Israel or possibly here in America for use in Israel?  I've found that there is not a lot of readily available information on these aircraft.  Thanks.

1 hour ago, peterburns said:

Hi guys,

I'm not really a helicopter builder, but the CH-53 has gotten my attention.  When the Caracal decals come out I'm thinking of building a pave low version of the Revell kit.  I've rounded up the pave low parts, as well as, a lot of other aftermarket stuff.  My question is; there is an Isra-cast detail set out and I'm wondering if it will help build a USAF pave low, or is the set mostly unusable for an American machine?   The thing I don't know is whether the helicopters were modified in Israel or possibly here in America for use in Israel?  I've found that there is not a lot of readily available information on these aircraft.  Thanks.

Assuming that you mean their IAF CH-53 Yasur Conversion, there doesn't really look to be much in it that's relevant for a Pave Low...

2 hours ago, andyf117 said:

Assuming that you mean their IAF CH-53 Yasur Conversion, there doesn't really look to be much in it that's relevant for a Pave Low...

Yes that is the set I was talking about. 

My follow up question is: what scratch built parts are required to make a reasonably accurate pave low?  I realize a lot could go into the interior due to the fact that the Revell kit doesn't really have an interior, but I'm mostly talking about things like chaff pods and sensors.  The stuff that hangs on the exterior of the pave low.

4 hours ago, peterburns said:

Yes that is the set I was talking about. 

My follow up question is: what scratch built parts are required to make a reasonably accurate pave low?  I realize a lot could go into the interior due to the fact that the Revell kit doesn't really have an interior, but I'm mostly talking about things like chaff pods and sensors.  The stuff that hangs on the exterior of the pave low.

The main issue is the large nose fairing with the radar.  Unless you have one of the old conversion kits from Cobra Company or High Flight, you’ll have to scratchbuild it.

• 3 months later...
6 minutes ago, Dutch said:

Kursad,

I know that you are working on reducing this sheet to 1/72 scale, but would you consider including these markings along with the USAF markings on a 1/144 sheet?  There is practically nil out there for the Revell HH-53C/CH-53G family of kits except a few German schemes.

Kind regards,

Dutch

Dutch,

None of the instructions I've seen on RoG's website for the CH53G show EAPS filters.  I know they weren't on the actual G's, but sometimes a common kit is boxed, which includes unused parts for other variants.  Do you know if the G kit includes these filters, or were they only included with the USAF HH53C?

As to a 1/144 set, I'd be in for one.

Thanks,

Rod.

5 hours ago, Rod D said:

Dutch,

None of the instructions I've seen on RoG's website for the CH53G show EAPS filters.  I know they weren't on the actual G's, but sometimes a common kit is boxed, which includes unused parts for other variants.  Do you know if the G kit includes these filters, or were they only included with the USAF HH53C?

As to a 1/144 set, I'd be in for one.

Thanks,

Rod.

Rod,

Only the Revell HH-53C kit #04032 contains the EAPS IFR probe, bat wings and fuel tanks.  The three German CH-53G releases are all slicks without EAPS, IFR Probe, bat wings and tanks.  I am looking into having a 3D printed conversion set made. No promises, as my 3D printer is moving out in a week.

K/r,

Dutch

37 minutes ago, Dutch said:

Rod,

Only the Revell HH-53C kit #04032 contains the EAPS IFR probe, bat wings and fuel tanks.  The three German CH-53G releases are all slicks without EAPS, IFR Probe, bat wings and tanks.  I am looking into having a 3D printed conversion set made. No promises, as my 3D printer is moving out in a week.

K/r,

Dutch

Thanks Dutch.  If you do ever get these sets printed, keep me in mind.  I'd be interested.

Rod.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/16/2022 at 2:11 AM, Dutch said:

Rod,

K/r,

Dutch

I'd be interested too. I have one HH-53C kit and three CH-53G kits that I'd like to build as American H-53s and they need the EAPS and other components.

LD.