I have this kit coming and want to know what I need to correct on it. I am looking

at doing a Vietnam era Dustoff medevac. It has the roof mounted pitot tube but I

don't think it has the proper one for a delta model. Is there any after market decals?

I recently bought Werner's Wings decals for my UH-60A but hadn't noticed any 1/72

UH-1D decals. Thanks for any help.  jon

Thanks, I google search UH-1D and most of the images have the pitot tube

on the roof between the 2 skylights. I saw a nice Kittyhawk D build with the pitot

on the roof also. Those decals are as rarer as hens teeth. Not sure what to do

about that. I also saw an image of UH-1Ds I think near My Lai with the tail rotor

on the right side! jon

Edited by jonwinn
1 hour ago, midnightprowler said:

The UH-1D has the pitot tube on the nose, the H model has it on the roof. The D also has FM antenna on the nose i believe they are.

Not always the case.

20 minutes ago, jonwinn said:

Ok so you are saying the post on the left side of the nose next to the FM

antenna is the pitot, by right you are reffering to the right side of the picture

or left side of the nose. jon

As you are looking at the photo.

OK I have the kit in hand. It has decals for a 116th assault helicopter, Wasp platoon.

I went to the 116th Army Aviation site and it has information on this platoon. First

off the 116th flew UH-1H models from 1967 to 1971, both 1st Platoon, Yellow Jackets,

and the 2nd Platoon Wasps. Italeri shows their 1971 Wasps with yellow tail numbers

for the aircraft and the site shows white. Also is the aircraft number on the Wasp insignia

on the nose also? The site shows the white disc with yellow dot on the tail boom gone for

1971 and the white leading edge of the tail gone. I guess the site is more correct than Italeri's

decals are. Any information would be most appreciated. Here is the link to the 116th site. jon

http://vietnam-hueys.tripod.com/116th AHC home page.htm

What I would do is go to the websites guestbook page and post that you are building a kit of one of their aircraft and ask if anyone has pics. Leave your email.  I did that for the Kittyhawk kit as I'm building The Good Widow Mrs Jones. The pilot of that aircraft emailed me with info and pics!