F-15E load out against ISIS question

Hi guys,

I'm about to paint my GWH 1/72nd F-15E and already have the Two Bobs decals for it.

The Two Bobs instructions mention several bombs and missiles that were used in these missions, but no specific load out possibilities. Can you guys help out?

Also, are CFT side pylons (I don't know the station number for these) placed even when no bombs are carried on these pylons?

On 4/15/2020 at 7:37 AM, Dave Williams said:

I don’t think I’ve seen an operational F-15E without the full CFT pylon set, even when empty.  Not even sure that the side CFT pylons are easily removable, if at all.

On 4/15/2020 at 5:42 AM, madcow said:

Hi guys,

I'm about to paint my GWH 1/72nd F-15E and already have the Two Bobs decals for it.

The Two Bobs instructions mention several bombs and missiles that were used in these missions, but no specific load out possibilities. Can you guys help out?

Also, are CFT side pylons (I don't know the station number for these) placed even when no bombs are carried on these pylons?

CFT pylons are a part of the CFT's structure.  The pylons can be removed, but the CFT will no longer be serviceable.  BRU-46 racks (up to 500lbs) are on the top.  BRU-47's (up to 2000lbs) on the bottom, centerline, and wing pylons. 

I do believe early on only the main pylons and center CFT pylons were wired to carry JDAM munitions thus in some pics you see only one on the bottom middle CFT. The above config was used in Afghanistan.

Jari