CD48186 - 1/48 F-105B/D Thunderchief

I am glad you liked it - this sheet has a few things that probably have not been covered before. We have the 335TFS Indian head badge replicated from the actual aircraft panel found on Ebay, the interesting Luftwaffe "zap", the F-105 logo for early prototypes, etc. "Alice's Joy" (Broughton's jet), "Betty's Boy" (a reverse-camouflaged MiG killer), and "Honeypot III" are three Vietnam War examples on the sheet. There is also "My Karma", and the DC/NJ ANG jets for good measure. The 1/72 version will have the same set of 16 options. 

Yes - both the F-104 sheet coming in the next batch and this one have extensive separate stencil sheets. Despite all my efforts there were a few things here and there I missed - see the Vietnam-specific outline ejection seat warning triangles that I had to tack onto the main F-105 sheet, for example. I will modify the F-104 and F-105 stencil sheets with the "lessons learned" from these two projects and release them as new Basics products before the end of the year. 

10 minutes ago, Drifterdon said:

Another stunning sheet Kursad.   Any chance you could offer the stencil sheet as a seperate offering under your Caracal Models Basic line?

Edited by KursadA
1 hour ago, KursadA said:

Yes - both the F-104 sheet coming in the next batch and this one have extensive separate stencil sheets. Despite all my efforts there were a few things here and there I missed - see the Vietnam-specific outline ejection seat warning triangles that I had to tack onto the main F-105 sheet, for example. I will modify the F-104 and F-105 stencil sheets with the "lessons learned" from these two projects and release them as new Basics products before the end of the year. 

Excellent news sir.

The Thud sheet looks really awesome.  You pack a lot of stuff in each new release.  I do need to start paying more attention to your future releases.  I had some interesting stuff which I should have sent to you.  A UT ANG F-105D with a superman shield and of course the pilot was Lt Clark Kent.  An OK ANG F-105F with the pilots name Capt Whipple with the aircraft captioned Please Don't Squeeze the Charmin after the toilet paper commercial.  Another #276 an F as a PACAF Silver bird, then again in Vietnam and lastly as an Air Guard aircraft.  I need to wake up.  So a question, are you still thinking of an F8F sheet?  

On 3/6/2023 at 3:01 PM, aircal62 said:

The Thud sheet looks really awesome.  You pack a lot of stuff in each new release.  I do need to start paying more attention to your future releases.  I had some interesting stuff which I should have sent to you.  A UT ANG F-105D with a superman shield and of course the pilot was Lt Clark Kent.  An OK ANG F-105F with the pilots name Capt Whipple with the aircraft captioned Please Don't Squeeze the Charmin after the toilet paper commercial.  Another #276 an F as a PACAF Silver bird, then again in Vietnam and lastly as an Air Guard aircraft.  I need to wake up.  So a question, are you still thinking of an F8F sheet?  

Thanks! I will definitely be interested in these - the F-105 is an iconic aircraft and I still want to do one more F-105D/F/G sheet in a similar setup (separate stencilling sheet etc.). I am also still working on an F8F sheet and possibly even a postwar TBM Avenger sheet. 

• 2 months later...

Yes, "My Karma" and another wraparound jet from the unit are among the 16 very interesting options on both the 1/48 and 1/72 sheets. The complexity of the instruction sheet work is what delayed the release of these sheets this month - they are sitting in my garage until I can wrap up the instructions. Hopefully you will all be buying the B-52 sheets I was able to release while I work on getting these done.

• 2 months later...

Still working on the instructions for these and the A-10 sheet : with too many options and a lot of non-standard early schemes for the A-10, I was not able to finish these on time for an August release. On the other hand, I need to keep the cash flow coming, hence the F-16D and AH-64 releases this month. I will have to release the F-105 and early A-10 sheets in the next batch.

• 1 month later...