1/48 Wolfpack T-38A Companion Trainer

This represents the T-38As assigned to the 2d Bomb Wing at Barksdale AFB in the 1990s as companion trainers.  Wolfpack kit is very nice, model is OOB except for tape straps on the seats.  Decals are from the spares box, plus a few ALPS-printed markings printed by Speedway Decals.

Subject T-38A, 64-13305, summer 1995:

T-38-2-BW-12-Ju-95r.jpg

IMG-1321r.jpg

IMG-1316r.jpg

IMG-1319r.jpg

IMG-1317r.jpg

I'd like to build several more of these to represent the other bomber bases...Dyess, Grand Forks, Ellsworth, Mountain Home.  I've also seen photos of a T-38A in AMC gray at Seymour Johnson, would like to do that one too!

Chris

Edited by Gator52

Nice work,building the Trumpeter kit as a companion trainer right now.

Surprised other than the Two Bobs sheet covering BB/HO/WM jets no one else has done these in decals they make some unusual subjects.

Mine at the moment will be a Offutt AFB 55th Wing jet.

https://www.airliners.net/photo/USA-Air-Force/Northrop-T-38A-Talon/647506/L

Edited by mungo1974

Very clean build, I like it!

On 4/16/2020 at 10:51 PM, Gator52 said:

Very nice, that Offutt scheme is new to me...which shade of gray would you call that?

Jonah

With the F-15 in the back ground it almost looks like FS 36251 Aggressor Gray possibly?

Could be any one of a number of light greys. I had presumed it was just Aircraft Grey FS16473 or whatever grey is used on Offutt's EC/RC-135 Fleet. 

Still need to find someone to draw up & print the Fightin' 55th tail markings too. 

I checked with a friend whom I consider an expert on USAF colors & markings...his take is that you're on the right track with FS 16473!

Hope to see some photos of your model sometime.

Chris

Edited by Gator52