WANTED- MODEL MASTER #2135 RUSSIAN BLUE/GREEN

Hi all

I'm desperately looking for the following paint

Model master #2135 russian interior blue/green

I live in France and I'm wanting this paint for my Mig interiors.  Can anyone tell me where I can get from?  The only place I can find it is in Australia and the postage cost is outrageous.  I'm wanting 4 bottles so I have a reserve.  I model a lot of 1/32 russian jets.  If anyone can help me out with a supplier that will ship to France, canyon PM me.  Even in the UK maybe my best bet.  But please, anyone who can help, PM me

Cheers

Is there some reason it must be Model Master paint? The Russian Interior Turquoises color is available from a number of sources, including AKAN, MRP (Mr. Paint),  Mr. Color, Ammo by Mig, Hataka, AK and probably a few others.

3 hours ago, Modelkeenfan said:

I managed to find model master #2135 russian interior blue/green.  So all set.  Took me half the night to find a shop who had it but I found it.  So I ordered 3 bottles to make sure I won't run out when building my mig-21s and mig-23s.

I'm glad you found some, but considering Model Master paints are pretty much going away, why wouldn't you consider one of the other options provided. I would note that the color used in Mig aircraft varies A LOT. It ranges from almost a emerald green to a bright blue-green and everything in between.

Yes you are right.  The russian cockpit colours can vary and it can all depend on what factory it comes from.  I've seen all different grey colours in SU25 cockpits simply because each factory was using a different paint.

But as I said, I don't like acrylics and the model master colour is the closest to the colour the mig cockpits should be.  You can always add a little green to it or change it accordingly if you are modelling a specific aircraft.  But as a base colour for mig cockpits, I think it's spot on

Mig-23 cockpits...

170510-F-IO108-001.JPG

5861164474_ba1ed65f0e_b.jpg

4477th_Test_and_Evaluation_Squadron_-_Mi

mig23-cockpit.jpg

Mig-23s, all different colors. BTW, most of the paints I listed were lacquers except for the Ammo by Mig. The AK one is in their Real Color line and the Hataka one is in their Orange lacquer line. I have a number of brands of this color (including a bottle of the Model Master paint). They're all a little different. I can choose the one closest to the cockpit I am modeling (assuming I have pics if the cockpit).

Just saying. I'll stop pestering you now. :whistle:

Edited by Mstor