Delta DAL L10-11, 727 models>?

Hello Fellas,

I'm wondering if anyone knows of some good models for these two birds my dad flew.  Also early Cessna Citation if available. Haven't begun to search but will post updates if I find them on my own.

the bigger the scale the more fun.

cheers.

B

In 1/200 scale Hasegawa makes both the 727-200 and L-1011 both very nice kits.  In 1/144 scale Minecraft makes the 727, Airfix did one also but I prefer the Minecraft kit,  and the L-1011 was made by Airfix, Revell and Otaki.  Otaki is the only accurate kit but it is really expensive and hard to find, Airfix is my second choice and Revell - well this was perhaps their worst airliner kit ever.   In I/100 scale Nitto/Entex and perhaps a few others have shared the molds you can find the 727-100 and the L1011.  This L1011 is without doubt the nicest L1011 made.  Also check with Gemini Jets who makes very, very nice prebuilt and decorated die cast models.  Not sure what they currently have but their models are the finest of quality and just stunning.  Decals are out there by several manufactures, but also look at Vintage Flyer Decals site.   

Just to add - if building Hasegawa 1011, the engine exhausts are the earlier long type, so either have to make mods yourself, or see if there are still some Braz resin ones around. I see widget livery available in that scale frequently, the best IMO being from Liveries Unlimited. Their 727 kit is great, out of the box...pretty sure it was Flightpath decals I used

The best 1/144 L-1011 by far is the Authentic Airliners one: L1011-100. They are expensive though and only made in small batches so it's best if you request notification so Kurt can determine the demand and order a run to be manufactured. They can sell out fast so be quick if you want one when they become available. The same applies to their 727s: 727-200. I recommend their window and detail sets:  A-A Decals even if you decide to build a different kit. As the A-A kits don't come with markings, Delta Widget liveries can be obtained from 26Decals.

As an alternative to the Authentic Airliners Tristar, there is one by Eastern Express which is 'inspired' by the Otaki kit but is a short run kit which can be a challenge to build; one of the boxings comes with Delta markings. Welshmodels also make a vacform/resin kit, one of which (SL 231 P) includes Delta markings.

Hasegawa made a Citation I in 1/48 many years ago along with a Learjet 35A. As you can imagine, you're pretty much on your own for markings outside those supplied in the kits.

Good luck in your search!

Jonathan