New tool 1/72 F-5E/F

1 hour ago, Paul Boyer said:

Looks good! Hard to believe, but the next best alternatives, the Italeri kits, are about 40 years old! Now, if they would just scale down their T-38 to 1/72 scale!

Ya really. I heard a rumor that they are planning to do a 1/72 RF-8G too but I believe it when I see it. 

Hoping this will soon hit the shelves. If done right by Wolfpack this will be a popular kit I suppose.

With the announcement of a new tool Phantom by FineMolds earlier I think the 1/72 builders had quite an exciting week!!

11 hours ago, achterkirch said:

https://www.72news.eu/2020/04/wolfpack-design-northrop-f-5ef-tiger-ii.html?m=1

looks like it’s still getting designed but the basics are there. Should be good

If it happens, it will be a dream come true for me! I can't believe that it's taken this long to get a new tool kit of one of the most widely produced jets of the Cold War era.... fingers are crossed! Fred K.

14 hours ago, Mercury said:

Be nice if this happens...I was just looking at my F-5Es(Italeri) on the shelf, and noticing how "out-of-date that mould is. My "A"s(Esci) look better...

Indeed.... the old Italeri kit is very long in the tooth! As you mentioned, the much older ESCI F-5A/B kits are considerably better. Italeri really dropped the ball on their F-5E/F kits. If Wolfpack's  F-5E & F are as good as their 72nd T-2C kit, I for one will be a very happy camper! Fred K.

rsz_11rsz_20200419_000040.jpg

To be fair, the Italeri (and Airfix) kits were good for their time (early '80s). The slightly younger Esci/AMT kits of the A and B were much better, but still have some issues. But it's high time we have an up-to-date plastic kit of the F-5E/F.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/19/2020 at 11:39 AM, Paul Boyer said:

To be fair, the Italeri (and Airfix) kits were good for their time (early '80s).

I absolutely know  that Wolfpack will produce an exciting kit that will take away the disappointments I had in the more recent Trumpeter and Hobbyboss kits.

Gene K

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, Paul Boyer said:

I may be wrong, but you don't have to be "on Facebook" to look at Facebook. Try this link: 

https://www.facebook.com/wolfpackd/

Paul,

Whenever I go to facebook it will pop up a large "join now" box that obscures half of the screen. It makes it difficult to see anything. Fred.

On 4/18/2020 at 12:44 AM, Paul Boyer said:

Looks good! Hard to believe, but the next best alternatives, the Italeri kits, are about 40 years old! Now, if they would just scale down their T-38 to 1/72 scale!

Ditto to all of the above. Maybe sales of the Tiger II - which I'm confident will be tremendous compared to their T-2C - will encourage Wolfpack to bring out the Talon in the One True Scale.

It usually takes a couple of years for Wolfpack design to release a kit after the initial announcement. It looks like releasing a kit with their design, and tooling is a second priority issue. Usually, Wolfpack seems to be busy designing kits for other manufacturers such as Kinetics and Academy.

Edited by not2p
7 hours ago, Quixote74 said:

Ditto to all of the above. Maybe sales of the Tiger II - which I'm confident will be tremendous compared to their T-2C - will encourage Wolfpack to bring out the Talon in the One True Scale.

Let's hope so because I'd love to see a 72nd Talon too! And lets hope that it doesn't take a couple of years to get the Tiger II. Fred K.

1 hour ago, f5guy said:

Yup.... it won't go away.

Right below the 'create new account' are the words 'not now' click these and you will get a few minutes of viewing.

Of course now that this is out the skin flints will remove it!!??!!

• 3 months later...

From the Wolfpack-Design Facebook page:

We are in a hurry to build the new mold 1/72 F-5E/F Tiger II.
This kit included
More accurate fuselage and wing shapes.
Two types of ejection seats (Early & Late)
Detailed cockpit and instrument panels included various variations
AIM-9P/L, ACMI Pod and Mk.82 Bombs
Two types of external fuel tanks
Air brake open/close selectable
Two nose shapes (Normal/Shark nose) and LEX, extended vertical wing
We're targeting a retail price of $24 USD (20 Euro) for the basic version.
We will also build an improved F-5E/F in the next stage.
We should notice news for it soon.

Seems they are trying to keep up with Dreammodel....
6 hours ago, pollie said:

From the Wolfpack-Design Facebook page:

Seems they are trying to keep up with Dreammodel....

Well if they release a better kit (with speed brakes dropped) for half of the price of the Dream Model kit, I don't think they'll have any problems 😆 Fred K.

14 hours ago, f5guy said:

Well if they release a better kit (with speed brakes dropped) for half of the price of the Dream Model kit, I don't think they'll have any problems 😆 Fred K.

No problems from my side at least: I'll buy multiple Wolfpack kits....

I'm just curious what they mean by: "improved version to be released later"....

8 hours ago, pollie said:

No problems from my side at least: I'll buy multiple Wolfpack kits....

I'm just curious what they mean by: "improved version to be released later"....

The later sharknose/LEX version perhaps? Fred K.