CATM-7 vs CATM-120 on ANG F-15C

Hello,

Would anyone know how to easily differentiate between a CATM-7 and a CATM-120? From my extensive Google research it seems CATM-7s don't have fins while CATM-120s do but I'm not sure and the diameter looks fairly similar. The idea is to model the load configuration below: Which CATM is on the foreground?

Thank you!!

Arnaud

200317-Z-GL728-107.JPG

Edited by arnobiz

The best way to tell the different between a CATM-7 and a CATM-120 to look at the wings/fins, if the wing/fins aren't installed look at the aft end where the wing/fins go. If you see a hole, it's a CATM-120, if you see grove/slot, it's a CATM-7.

Other ways;

- Look at the conduit that runs along the body of the missile, if it's skinny, it's a CATM-7, if it's fat, it's a CATM-120.

- Look at the guidance section (section just behind the radome), if it has 4 brown strips, it's a CATM-7, it there's no stips, CATM-120

- Look at the control section (mid body) where the wing/fins go, if it has a hole, it's a CATM-7, if it looks like a slot - CATM-120.

Also, I don't think the Sparrow was authorized on wing stations of F-15's, believe they were fuselage only while the AMRAAM was able to be carried on both.

The missile in the above pic is a CATM-120.

hth

GW

Edited by GW8345