Hello everyone,

After I am done with my Hasegawa A7, this will be my next project. I have heard many good things about the kit as well as the company. I am going to give it a try since this subject is not represented well in 1/48 scale. The model is on its way here and I welcome comments and suggestions from past builders. Dai 

TwkdT9g.jpg

Edited by dai phan

The Kinetic brand also puts out a Fouga in 1/48 scale. Oddly the kit contains 2 identical airframes and I don't understand the logic or marketing strategy here. The AMK version is said to be way superior. Dai  

Edited by dai phan

I read that the Kinetic was superior in accuracy but the AMK was the most detailed one. No idea who is right who is wrong, I have not checked.

I have to say I am always impressed by AMK's molding quality and detailing, especially on the Magister kit. Lots of details that will not be seen once assembled but still nice to have them.

If I were to build a Magister, I would go with the AMK kit, or the DACO 1/32 kit to be released this or next year.

The online opinion is gravitating toward the AMK kit. The company is Chinese but does not get bad opinions on some kits of the Trumpeter/HB line. The 1/32 kit from DACO should be nice as they make the F104 super detail set. I still don't get it for 2 kits in one box on the Kinetic release. DP

Hello modelers...

I got the AMK Fouga today and I am very impressed of the level of details this kit has. However I do not understand the need for metal parts as they are not any more detailed than plastic and harder to work with like sanding or trimming if needed. I think the reason is to make the kit appealing.  Also the panel lines are rather heavy for the scale. They are not as refined as they should.  Will start once I am done with the A7. Dai 

5SvHJTo.jpg

On 4/18/2020 at 6:06 AM, dai phan said:

The Kinetic brand also puts out a Fouga in 1/48 scale. Oddly the kit contains 2 identical airframes and I don't understand the logic or marketing strategy here. The AMK version is said to be way superior. Dai  

It does make some sense in Israeli flavor. One can be built as a regular French variant and second as Zukit - an Israeli built one. Wingman Models repacked Kinetic plastic with some resin add-ons and produced Zukit conversion.

6 hours ago, Helmsman said:

It does make some sense in Israeli flavor. One can be built as a regular French variant and second as Zukit - an Israeli built one. Wingman Models repacked Kinetic plastic with some resin add-ons and produced Zukit conversion.

You can get the Kinetic kits (2 kits in one) for about 40 bucks. That is 20 bucks per plane. Pretty good deal for a 1/48 plane. I think the release of the AMK kit drove the price down on the K version.  Dai