Just finished watching "Hun Pilots" on Amazon Prime. Wow. Very well made documentary directed by Mark Vizcarra, Vic Vizcarra's son, about the North American Super Sabre. Lots of amazing interviews with for we Hun drivers, including a few Navy guys. Highly recommend it.

I was hoping to see and hear more about the Misty operations. It went into it a lot but I was just wanting more. It's great to watch it and hear from the pilots during the Hun's career, from start to finish, and even Thunderbird experience.

11 minutes ago, ST0RM said:

On Amazon Prime... whats it cost? Hard to find much anymore that they dont charge for.

FREE! Actually the way I came across it because it was in my 'Prime" feed.

1 hour ago, Whiskey said:

FREE! Actually the way I came across it because it was in my 'Prime" feed.

I like free.    Thanks for the tip, I’ll be watching some night this week when the wife turns in early.   

I have a deep love affair for the F100! My first introduction to them was as a young kid wetting his pants behind a huge teak wood log. No way out, and somebody was steadily chewing the log apart. The FAC said A4's were at least twenty minutes out (being diverted to the II-Corp border). He then said he had two or three F100's rolling out of Pleiku for a strike a little west of us. Five or six minutes later I watched two planes zip over us at high speed. Popped smoke on command, and turned to look over my shoulder to see the intake of an F100! I mean I could look up inside the thing! I could see the pilot's sunglasses. I couldn't hear the plane, but heard a clicking noise as two snakes rolled past me into the wood line. The palm trees were waving around from the jet blast. He seemed to follow the bombs for a little bit, the turned upward and away. the blast was real hard, and watched the tail end of the plane swerve to the right for an instant. Right behind him came number two, and he let go two napalm canisters right in front of us. When the place lit up, and set the hundred yard dash record with a hundred pounds of gear. I still owe those guys a beer!!! Probably lost ten years of my life down there

gary 

6 minutes ago, 11bee said:

Thud pilots???   Is this a series?

I forgot about that one. It is what, 2 years old now? Anyway it's another documentary by Mark Vizcarra. Vic Vizcarra's, Mark's father, was the F-105D pilot responsible for the duly infamous Thud "Pussy Galore" and it's colorful nose art. I didn't know Vic was a Hun pilot too until I watched the show the other night but it seems Mark is doing a lot of work dedicated to his father and fellow Vietnam era pilots.

just watched some "Stories" show on AHC channel. 

They had the SEA aero map from the first F-105 SAM wild weasel mission and talked with the pilot.  They also had Huns in the video.  

if you want the hair to stand up on the back of your neck, then watch the first three or four minutes of the movie Red Flag! Filmed from the cockpit of an F105g over Route Pac Six. One scene takes you down into a canyon chasing a Mig 17 and you can look up at the canyon rim. Saw it about 25 years ago over in Dayton, and I can still see it in my mind as if it were this morning. 

gary