I need your help! What F14B/D suggestions please

I have an F-14D kit ready to go.

I am having a bit of a creative block and I am unsure what livery to build it in. I prefer normally a mid 80s A, late A, A+ guy. I want to build it as either an A+/B or D. I have already built VF-213 200 last cruise. I don't want a VX jet, no VF-31D models, no VF-103 Jolly Rogers. So far I am thinking of making it a VF-103 Slugger with the club leaf on the tail.

I would like your ideas please, what do you think is cool? What is a good looking D model? What A+/B/D should I build?

I'm with GreyGhost. Those are all great choices. There are decals for all of them as well. You could also do VF-11 either in B's or D's. One other thing you could do is a Whif. At one point VF-111 Sundowners were going to transition to D's, but plans changed. It's been rumored, but never proven true, that a Delta was painted up in -111 markings before plans changed. That would look kind of cool.

Edited by Darren Roberts
1 hour ago, Whiskey said:

Go to the following websites and pick one as they are all bada$$ and these are the absolute best manufacturers of scale F-14 markings in the world.

https://www.furballaero-design.com/

http://www.fightertowndecals.com/

Cheers Whiskey!

I use their decals exclusively. I used fightertown to build Lion 200 and that's about the only D that has ever really grabbed me. Vf-21 will be the Next A from furball I believe.

1 hour ago, GreyGhost said:

You don't see allot of love for VF-24, -211, -74 or -142 in their A+ markings ...

I think they all look great...

-Gtegg

15 minutes ago, Darren Roberts said:

I'm with GreyGhost. Those are all great choices. There are decals for all of them as well. You could also do VF-11 either in B's or D's. One other thing you could do is a Whif. At one point VF-111 Sundowners were going to transition to D's, but plans changed. It's been rumored, but never proven true, that a Delta was painted up in -111 markings before plans changed. That would look kind of cool.

Two guys I was hoping would chime in.

I have heard about that D in Vf-111 markings, also heard there was a screaming eagle also. Good photo of a D with 154 and 32 on opposite sides. WHIFs aren't really my thing though.

Grey ghost, we have very similar tastes. I have a 24 jet in the cabinet, 74 A+ from desert storm is my favourite jet of all time and is in the cabinet. 211 will be an A from a fightertown sheet. 142 however, that is one I don't have and always wanted. You might be onto something there. I think Furball has one on a sheet. Wouldn't mind a mid to late 90s 143 jet as well.