That didn't age well

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/21/2020 at 8:49 AM, The Rat said:

Thanks a lot, SBARC!

94490937_10159352845883132_2766277182815

On 4/21/2020 at 9:00 AM, Jamie Cheslo said:

Remind me NOT to seek out Steve's help when I need my future read to me! LMAO!!!

Yup....this year has gone sideways really fast.  I usually work 2 fulltime jobs and one of my jobs driving a tour bus from cruise ship passengers has shut down until at least next year giving me a huge drop in income.  On the positive side I have cut back my 6 nights a week at my remaining job to 4 nights a week. 

I get 3 days off a week and I'm putting aside time to exercise and restore a project car that has been on the back burner for 5 years.  I'm quite enjoying the slower more relaxed pace.  I'm also able to spend more time working on ARC so the rebuilding of the Walkaround section is progressing very well and the daily updates are now bigger each day.

The Covid-19 in my area (Vancouver Island) is getting very close to ZERO virus.  Out of 870,000 people on Vancouver island there are only 8 known Covid-19 cases and only one of those people is in the hospital and not in the ICU.  It is very possible there might be no virus on our island in 2 or 3 weeks.

I'm enjoying working less and spending more time on my hobbies and working on ARC.

How is this year going for you?

6 hours ago, SBARC said:

Yup....this year has gone sideways really fast.  I usually work 2 fulltime jobs and one of my jobs driving a tour bus from cruise ship passengers has shut down until at least next year giving me a huge drop in income.  On the positive side I have cut back my 6 nights a week at my remaining job to 4 nights a week. 

I get 3 days off a week and I'm putting aside time to exercise and restore a project car that has been on the back burner for 5 years.  I'm quite enjoying the slower more relaxed pace.  I'm also able to spend more time working on ARC so the rebuilding of the Walkaround section is progressing very well and the daily updates are now bigger each day.

The Covid-19 in my area (Vancouver Island) is getting very close to ZERO virus.  Out of 870,000 people on Vancouver island there are only 8 known Covid-19 cases and only one of those people is in the hospital and not in the ICU.  It is very possible there might be no virus on our island in 2 or 3 weeks.

I'm enjoying working less and spending more time on my hobbies and working on ARC.

A bit like yours. I've taken a sabbatical from work, business is down about 40% anyway so they can get by without me. Spending a lot more time in the hobby room, but nowhere close to clearing the bench! Getting frustrated now that the weather is getting better, I would love to be out birding and canoeing, but a lot of access is blocked, for good reason. Good news for you on the pandemic front, let's hope we can get this blasted into oblivion!

16 hours ago, MoFo said:

Heads up Steve, that post above yours is probably about to become a spammer.

I noticed that....he seems to be testing the defences....

15 hours ago, The Rat said:

A bit like yours. I've taken a sabbatical from work, business is down about 40% anyway so they can get by without me. Spending a lot more time in the hobby room, but nowhere close to clearing the bench! Getting frustrated now that the weather is getting better, I would love to be out birding and canoeing, but a lot of access is blocked, for good reason. Good news for you on the pandemic front, let's hope we can get this blasted into oblivion!

Thankfully in my area we have freedom to do most stuff if it doesn't involve a crowd.

My wife has launched a new youtube channel....about her fixing cars.  She was out filming herself today figuring out why a Honda Del Sol has no spark...seems the coil is dead.  She did well and should have it running tomorrow.  Doing videos really slows down repairs, but she enjoys fixing stuff.

On 5/12/2020 at 6:23 AM, SBARC said:

I am very happy to hear you have such great numbers, Steve. It is very encouraging. We seem to be starting to flatten the curve here, but we are really a long way off from returning to any semblance of normalcy here. I haven't really been out of the house (except for necessities) since March 13th. While working from home does have its advantages, I am really starting to miss my life now.  

On 5/12/2020 at 6:23 AM, SBARC said:

22 hours ago, Jamie Cheslo said:

I am very happy to hear you have such great numbers, Steve. It is very encouraging. We seem to be starting to flatten the curve here, but we are really a long way off from returning to any semblance of normalcy here. I haven't really been out of the house (except for necessities) since March 13th. While working from home does have its advantages, I am really starting to miss my life now.  

We are now down to 5 known  Covid-19 cases on Vancouver Island...one person in hospital....none in ICU.  870,000 population on an island 280 miles or 400km long.

I have been following things closely in T.O. as I have a daughter living there and a close friend in Ottawa.  My daughter is working from home and keeping safe.  My friend is 70 years old  and staying home.  It seems the bulk of the cases in Quebec and Ontario are in nursing homes.  BC had the same problem in nursing homes but made changes and nailed that down pretty quickly.

Some people in my city don't seem to worry about the virus and other people seem to be  terrified of everything relating to this virus.