Blues and T'birds to criss-cross the US

Yes! This is an awesome idea. but of course there are those that are already complaining about it being a waste of tax payer money yada yada yada....

I'm a little ways from Houston but hopefully get to see them at least flying over en route or something. 

Been hearing about this the past week or so. Guess there has been some C-17's using T-birds call signs flying around some of the city's that are planned to get flyovers. Guess they are figuring out a route. There is also a picture out there of a Thunderbird's with blue and red smoke trails on Airshow Stuff FB page. So maybe colored smoke this time??

Mike

Edited by P-38 guy
On 4/23/2020 at 9:52 AM, niart17 said:

Yes! This is an awesome idea. but of course there are those that are already complaining about it being a waste of tax payer money yada yada yada....

I'm a little ways from Houston but hopefully get to see them at least flying over en route or something. 

Yeah, what people don't understand is that they are already funded and they need flying hours.  This seems to have started with Blend'r's idea to get the T-birds over Vegas, and then the Blues joined in, so it really doesn't have anything to do with the federal government.

There are actually A LOT of people complaining.  

And while it’s true their flying hours are already budgeted, flying hours and budget dollars get reallocated all the time.  Given shortfalls on POE and testing, I can understand why people are disgruntled.  If you don’t understand the finer minutiae of the US federal budget (and who REALLY does?), the confusion is understandable.  

It’s particularly a bad look since they’re not flying airshow a right now.  

Well intentioned, but the optics on this are kinda terrible.  Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

23 hours ago, Waco said:

Well intentioned, but the optics on this are kinda terrible.  Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Actually the "optics" on this are VERY dependent on attitude of the viewer. There are those that will say how horrible an idea it is because it's A. military (not gonna change their minds about anything military, it's all bad) B. It may be wasteful because they are truly worried about the economy (at least a valid concern that's discussion worthy) C. Something being done under the current set of leaders (NEVER going to change their minds no matter what it is)

And then there are those that will support it because A. Military (they support many things because of that) B. Pride (they like to see things that make them feel proud of their country and want to see hopeful messages. Hard to change that attitude) C. Support the current set of leaders (with understandable reason perhaps) 

There are some that are in the middle and perhaps it's a win-lose option for them. But other than that, the optics mean only what the pre-determined attitudes are mostly. And that's ok.

Anyway, I'm glad to see the blues and t-birds spreading a little hope and promise and honoring the sacrifices that these front line people as well as the citizens are making.

I swear we've stepped into the most bizarre timeline.

Edited by Waco

Well, I guess my small town won't see any of this but last Friday we had couple of B-52s from Barksdale AFB fly over to support our medics. They flew over few hospitals and then returned to Shreveport area to do the same.

Caught one of them from my backyard

49836325537_a376785a3e_h.jpg

15 minutes ago, Helmsman said:

Well, I guess my small town won't see any of this but last Friday we had couple of B-52s from Barksdale AFB fly over to support our medics. They flew over few hospitals and then returned to Shreveport area to do the same.

Caught one of them from my backyard

Something is better than nothing. My kids would still drop their jaws at seeing anything as massive as a B-52 pass overhead. That's what it's all about for me these days, whatever gets them excited.

• SBARC locked this topic

Sorry guys...time to put a padlock on this thread. 

My apologies to Darren Roberts for locking his thread.

I miss seeing the Blue Angles and T-Birds. 

And here are the current stats by country..  https://wuflu.live/

Spain  47 million    24,275 deaths        516 deaths/million citizens
Italy   60 million      27,682 deaths       461 deaths/million citizens
UK  66 million         26,000 deaths         393 deaths/million citizens
Sweden   10 million      2,462 deaths    246 deaths/million citizens
USA   327 million       60,984 deaths     186 deaths/million citizens
Singapore  6 million      690 deaths       115 deaths/million citizens
Canada  38 million    3,155 deaths      81 deaths/million citizens
Germany  83 million     646 deaths      78 deaths/million citizens
South Korea    52 million     247 deaths      4.75 deaths/million citizens
Australia  25 million    91 deaths       4 deaths/million citizens
New Zealand  5 million     19 deaths     4 deaths/million citizens