Quick question...I've looked high and low but can't find 1/48 NC Air National Guard decals for the F-86D.  The 156th Fighter Squadron operated them out of Charlotte in 59-60 before becoming an airlift unit.  I work at CLT and would love to build a CLT F-86D but can't find much info on them and definitely no decals.  Anyone know of anything?

Usually, anything NC aviation-related catches my eye, but I don't recall ever seeing any decals for the NC ANG Sabres, so you'll probably have to make your own. The letters are close to the "Amarillo" font in Word and other text editing programs, but the NC map and crew names will be a problem. No idea what color the state was and I don't have any info on crews.

14357710016_4787c66649_b.jpg

Ben

Great pic!  Thanks.  The lettering will be no problem with generic US letters/numbers decals. The state marking should be easy if I can find out the color.  There is an aviation archive attached to the museum at CLT...maybe I'll check there.  Thanks for posting the pic!  

4 hours ago, AeroplaneDriver said:

There is an aviation archive attached to the museum at CLT...maybe I'll check there.

I don't know that they are open, given the museum is shut indefinitely while they figure out where their new home will be.

Yeah, I have a friend who works in their marketing department.  They are trying to get the land where the old original Morris Field hangar is to build a new museum that will include ht original hangar.  I hate it closed....grat way to kill some time at the airport, but I guess Honeywell bought the hangar for their flight department when they moved company HQ to Charlotte.