F-5 Mako Aggressor scheme

I am looking for a schematic and color call out for the F-5 Aggressor scheme known as Mako or Shark, three shade of blue suggesting a shark. I have only seen side views, no top or bottom views. An extensive search on Google has come with lots of side views, no schematics. Any help would be welcome, even pics of a finished model. Post or PM me. Many thanks in advance.

• 4 months later...
On 9/15/2020 at 10:20 AM, f5guy said:

Hi,

Are you talking about VFC-111 #121 in the "Fullback" scheme? If so, Twobobs did decals for it in 48th scale. You might try to get a copy of their instructions. HTH, Fred K.

rsz_1rsz_1rsz_1dsc_4074.jpg

I like this one!

Go to furball aero designs. They make this scheme too, VFC-111 and have the profiles you want shown. Also, there’s 2 variations. The one pictured above( 2 tone), and a 3 tone on his sheet.
 Unless, you’re thinking of the F-16 squadron out of Florida known as the Makos. 

0A6342B4-3004-40BA-8AD2-CADAA0550A96.jpeg

Edited by evilmedic13
  • 4 months later...

I've got a copy of the Aftermarket Red Flag Tigers sheet, 48-062, which has a number of different schemes. There's nothing labeled "Mako" or "Shark," but there are two wrap-around schemes with three shades of blue, which they call "Old Blue" and "New Blue," both in use during the 1980s.

Old Blue: FS 35414, 35190, 35164

New Blue: FS 35414, 35164, 35109

11 hours ago, seawinder said:

I've got a copy of the Aftermarket Red Flag Tigers sheet, 48-062, which has a number of different schemes. There's nothing labeled "Mako" or "Shark," but there are two wrap-around schemes with three shades of blue, which they call "Old Blue" and "New Blue," both in use during the 1980s.

Old Blue: FS 35414, 35190, 35164

New Blue: FS 35414, 35164, 35109

That sheet is for USAF F-5Es and has nothing to do with OP's request.

Jens

16 hours ago, seawinder said:

The OP didn't mention branch of service, and I'm currently working on a USAF F-16 aggressor. Just trying to be helpful. Sorry to have offended.

You mistook me for someone who gets easily offended. Nothing could be farther from the truth.

None of the USAF F-5E schemes were named "Mako" or "Shark", nor did any of the resemble a shark in any way, so it was pretty obvious that it was a USN F-5E/N he requested. Besides, the question had already been answered by others.

Jens

7 hours ago, JEN722 said:

You mistook me for someone who gets easily offended. Nothing could be farther from the truth.

None of the USAF F-5E schemes were named "Mako" or "Shark", nor did any of the resemble a shark in any way, so it was pretty obvious that it was a USN F-5E/N he requested. Besides, the question had already been answered by others.

Jens

Actually I was being a bit ironic about the offense. Your initial response struck me as a bit irritable, but I was probably being over-sensitive. On another topic, I've got a question about USAF aggressor F-16s on which I hope you'll be able to shed some light; but I'll start a new thread.

Cheers.