Always watch where you're cutting!

Been there, done that but with an Xacto knife.  I stuck the blade all the way to the hilt in the fleshy part of my hand at the base of the thumb.  Like you said I wasn’t watching where I was cutting.  Instead was watching the final outs as the Boston Red Sox ended the curse and finally won the World Series after 86 years. 

I hope your finger heals up quickly. 

Ouch! I did the same thing the first year of college. Cut the tip of my finger off while trying to be cool carving some drift wood with my nice new very sharp knife. Finger was where it shouldn't have been, i.e. in the way. :doh:

Oooh, that's nasty! I hope you recover quickly. My father in law was using a table and was guiding the board with his hands. Apparently he didn't realize his thumb was in the way. It didn't across, it cut up, like when you slice a hot dog. They repaired it, though, and it's fine now.

In order to combat corvid boredom let's start an argument about which manufacturer makes the correct color for the blood and whether acrylic, lacquer, or enamel would most likely have the correct level of sheen.
And if that doesn't relieve the corvid boredoem, let's argue about how much blood should be thinned to airbrush with.

;D

Seriously, I wish you good and rapid healing.

🙂

(I went to nursing school in the 1980s, what's a little blood over breakfast, anyway)

1 hour ago, Darren Roberts said:

Oooh, that's nasty! I hope you recover quickly. My father in law was using a table and was guiding the board with his hands. Apparently he didn't realize his thumb was in the way. It didn't across, it cut up, like when you slice a hot dog. They repaired it, though, and it's fine now.

Mine tried to flick a scrap piece out of the way and lost the tip of his thumb. He used to file his thumbnail to poke us. 

Edited by Tank

Glad it wasn’t too bad. I had a guy  with a tree blade, on a circular saw have it kick back into his knee the other day. Never saw one of those blades before that. He got lucky it didn’t go as deep as it looked. Heal up quick!

Was on my way to work one day and saw a man laying in the snow with a young lady. They were waving me down so I stopped. Turns out he was using a chain saw to cut something and it kicked back into his thigh. He had a VERY nasty deep wound that was bleeding pretty steadily. The girl was pressing some cloth on it to try and control the bleeding. This was before cell phones so I jumped into my car and drove to a nearby hotel to call 911. I stuck around until I saw the ambulance on the way. I was already late for work.