COVID-19 ARC Group build.

USS Pennsylvania 1945.  Started this 9 yrs ago but it was so frustrating that I kept putting it off.  Til now.  Finally had the opportunity to just do it.

Tons of work, a lot of the foremast was scratchbuilt or very heavily modified.  Add to that tons of brass bits for railings, ladders, 20mm guns, and the radar bits.  Resin & PE 40mm bofurs.  

Totally scratchbuilt SC-1 aircraft on the stern.

IAFuN2Q.jpg

myymMqm.jpg

AsdWu5A.jpg

1Aw6CbJ.jpg

QtNncov.jpg

f8jmwsi.jpg

kTlBUdr.jpg

B0QoL55.jpg

And currently underway is the Trumpeter 1/700 USS John F Kennedy CV-67. I'm building this for one of my EMS Chief's that served on it.

49891886596_17ca88fe77.jpg

Edited by Wolfgun33

Ooh, this is a fun one. I'll play...

I've gotten more done since March than I did in all of 2019!

Monogram 1/48 F-84F Thunderstreak

VTDYqi6.jpg

Qrj0LWm.jpg

Tamiya 1/48 Spitfire Mk. Vb

Q9spb2D.jpg

vSQjRFb.jpg

Hobby Boss 1/48 A-7A Corsair II

Bo0l0YE.jpg

bchrl7W.jpg

Hasegawa 1/48 A-4E Skyhawk

BbAKdyT.jpg

LPCaFpR.jpg

Los Angeles County's Stay Home order is supposed to extend until July at the earliest but likely August. I'm a teacher so I don't see the lockdown letting up for me until the Fall. I'm sure I'll get a few more shelf-sitters done.

Stay safe everyone!

-O

Edited by oortiz10

As soon as I finished up my 1/48 U-2 after our shut down I jumped on my Fisher Guppy conversion.  Took me 5 or 6 weeks from start to finish, and I had expected a 6 month build.

NzSlJs.jpg

I now have a 1/32 Blue Angels Skyhawk almost ready for paint.  

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I have to update my builds...

My last entry was the S-58 in German Naval Aviation colors. After I had finished that helicopter, I made a nice little "what-if"-project with a MD-500 in 1/72 by AZModel.

fKaOYHN.jpg

I played around with a nice night-camo, and love how it came out.

0N3IvdM.jpg

Except for the pilot figure, pylons and weapons (including the flare/chaff-dispenser) complete OOB. Done from april 20th until april 27th.

April 28th until may 5th I built my "Bedenkentraeger", more details here:

Nq77NK9.jpg

A very short build was done with my 1/72 Revell Horten Go229, a very untypical subject for me, as I usually never build WWII or Luft'46.

https://imgur.com/bSE4aSc

But this model was a gift for a collegue, so I made an exception from the rule.

gXI4zNT.jpg

Must be done around the first week of may.

To counter this unusual Luft'46-aircraft, I turned to the wonderful Airfix 1/72 Beaufighter TF.10 that I did in the colours of the Operation Firedog.

iZg0Gbd.jpg

I practiced some heavy weathering on this and was quite satisfied with the result.

k23tSUP.jpg

The model was finished on may 18th.

Edited by Hajo L.
For f**** sake I can´t get this damn forum-software to properly display the first picture of the Go229!! WTF?!?!?

I was a bit undiceided then, and finally dug through my stash to look for something to build. I came out with the 1/72 Fujimi OA-4M.

kPvouIt.jpg

Getting the decals aligned to the color-scheme was a bit of a challenge, both in colours as well as in the exact demarkation. Some minor flaws are there, but overall I´m happy.

zysOsNv.jpg

Done until may 31th.

After that I did another "secret" project. It´s a farewell gift to a working buddy who is changing his post, and I will present it to him in september, when he will visit us for the last time (at least in his current function - I hope we´ll stay in touch!). I´m pretty sure he won´t be browsing this page, but I´d better do anything to not spoil his surprise, so no pictures here.

"Secret model" finished until june 11th.

Then another slightly unusual model, because it´s in 1/48, not my prefered scale. But this Revell CH-53G was a gift by my wifes parents, which I received over ten years ago. I started it then, but didn´t finished it until I dug it out at my parents house a couple of weeks ago.

LcxXmKI.jpg

I had the brilliant idea to give it to another working collegue of mine. He had taken care of my 1/72 CH-53G for some time (I have a lot of my models in showcases in my office, and the 1/72 CH-53G was a loan to his office), but it encountered a crash while at his place, and I kept it after the repairs. But since the 1/48 version of this helo is out of my usual scale, I was more than happy to give it to him. Apperently he spent some time beeing flown around with the real one when he served his tour in Afghanistan a couple of years ago.

jxepyp6.jpg

This beast was done on june 16th.

HAJO