COVID-19 ARC Group build.

Since this group build has no restrictions on subject...

Completed this week - Tamiya's new (March 2020) 1/48 scale T-55 kit. Backdated to a T-54B and placed with a scratchbuilt bridge section. Based on a real incident during Operation Danube, the Soviet invasion of Czechoslovakia in August 1968.

John

T-54B-001.jpg

On 7/25/2020 at 2:18 PM, John Tapsell said:

Since this group build has no restrictions on subject...

Completed this week - Tamiya's new (March 2020) 1/48 scale T-55 kit. Backdated to a T-54B and placed with a scratchbuilt bridge section. Based on a real incident during Operation Danube, the Soviet invasion of Czechoslovakia in August 1968.

John

Very clever! Good job.

Vern

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just finished this Minicraft 1:144 C-130H Hercules for the wife of a friend.  They are moving back to Texas on Friday, so I finished just in the nick of time!  Here is a teaser pic.  More photos available in the SCM build album.  The DYESS decals did not exist, so when he asked me to build his one, I promptly asked Greg Drawbaugh of Draw Decal to modify his generic C-130 stencil sheet and he promptly responded.  I received the decals on 26 August, so this has been a quick build for me.  I added long wheel sponsons and scratched the AC heat exchanger and dorsal DME radome; otherwise OOTB.  These Minicraft 1:144 C-130 kits are good basic kits, but do require a few added details to bring them to life.  I am sure there are a few shape issues, (I am not a Herk aficianado), but it looks like a Herk to me.  I have a hankering to build some more.   

Enjoy,

Dutch

001.JPG

Edited by Dutch

I had a few kits going that all seemed to finish about the same time.  The first one was a  truck model.  I like having trucks on the shelf but I just don't enjoy building them.  About every 5 years I try another one and about half way through I know that I still don't like building them.

50334871623_16a4d76e84_c.jpg

50335559821_f08b746fc5_c.jpg

The next was a 1:72 Heller kit that I bought at a kit auction that my local modelling club had a few years ago.  It cost me a dollar and it it had been sitting on the shelf long enough.  The date on this kit was 1987 and the decals were still good and the kit went together really well.

50335714917_9c55d76615_c.jpg

50335559646_8063743eeb_c.jpg

This last kit is a 1:48 follow me jeep resin kit by SOL.  I have had this kit for a long time but every time I pulled it off the shelf and saw all the bags of tiny resin parts I put it back.  Once I got into it though it went together really well.

50335559966_e2a1b40dde_c.jpg

50335559916_4158bcb3af_c.jpg

Edited by Els

This new update to the site sucks.  I had to go through ggl chrome to be able to post a reply.  I uploaded the pics the same way I have been doing it for a couple of years now, when I have a little time later I will try your suggestion Dutch.  I guess the new update is not compatible with windows internet because everything is all jumbled together when I try to use that.

2nd Try.

A couple of model projects completed under the COVID lock-down.

Egg-17 in retro C-47 D-Day livery

ZqVZXhz.jpg

kOLkjcL.jpg

And just this weekend, a Meng Tank Toons Panther in Normandy

Wjtn69K.jpg

Edited by ST0RM