COVID-19 ARC Group build.

• 2 weeks later...

This was the only one I did start to finish while under COVID restrictions. Trumpeter 1/72 Late Production Tiger. I really hate the rubber tow cables, tracks, and track length. After finishing it I bought a Trumper 1/72 Mid Production Tiger and I saw that it had the track lengths and tow cables already molded in place in hard plastic.

ACtC-3fu2TzAskYyuYQ1rt6OiAKbOeIwUZ3uGfYQ

ACtC-3eN33hhmmxvTyxNyQsptMPS7ryEvkIWS4bK

ACtC-3erjLuH6Rz7RtKzLnJ0Xzh5z_lrdIkYlBH0

My trip to the US for two weeks at the end of January for Chinese New Year was extended to two months because everything was shut down back here in China. With lots of free time, at the beginning of March I finally started a 1/48 B-29 I had been hanging onto for 17 years. Unfortunately I had to leave it with only one day left of work to finish it as I had to get back to China before all international travel shut down.

ACtC-3cdC09gVw4EAXpx7BFUhqIelkPQe8Vy7e_G

• 1 month later...

Most of my builds on this thread have been part of the CoMMiES Project UFO (UnFinished Objects). I started this one for the Monogram Memorial Group Build, but it stalled out when I ran into problems with attempting black basing. Acryl was a poor choice for the marble coat 😞

It ended up being a pretty good 3 ft model and it will look fairly well on the shelf.50622106098_4978361173_b.jpg

Vern

Here's Italeri's 1/48 AH-1Z that I converted to Bell's AH-1(4B)W demonstrator. I posted pictures in The Display Case but didn't post any here. 

eYfiqqy.jpg

I have a few more projects in the works that I think will get done before life "gets back to normal".

I managed to finish a few kits during de pandemic.

First is Revell's 1:48 F-84E Thunderjet. Very nice kit!

F-84-E-Thunderjet-4.jpg

F-84-E-Thunderjet-7.jpg

Second is the AFV 1:48 F-5E Tiger. Ten years in the making and I finally finished it!

F-5-E-Tiger-II-4.jpg

F-5-E-Tiger-II-6.jpg

And third, Monogram's old 1:48 F-84F Thunderstreak

F-84-F-Thunderchief-8.jpg

F-84-F-Thunderchief-9.jpg

Cheers :cheers:

Hope this fits here, if not you can delete it. It's not a model but, they are for my modeling room. I've had plans drawn up, since 2014 and, while the major redo is still on hold, at least these are finally completed.

I got tired of the bench clutter and digging thru bins for stuff so, I made myself some "pencil drawers" for under the benches. One for most of my tools and one for all my sanding items.

Some 1/2" plywood for the drawer box and bottom. The dividers are 1/4" MDF with the tops rounded over and they are recessed into the plywood bottom @ a 1/8", with a router bit and, secured with some glue. The drawer fronts are 3/4" red oak stained with Provincial stain and two coats of satin poly gloss, with a sanding between coats. The drawers have full extension glides on them.

Now if I could just get the rest of the room re-done.

Steve

(edited)_IMG_6862.JPG

(edited)_IMG_6863.JPG

(edited)_IMG_6864.JPG

18 hours ago, A-10 LOADER said:

Hope this fits here, if not you can delete it. It's not a model but, they are for my modeling room. I've had plans drawn up, since 2014 and, while the major redo is still on hold, at least these are finally completed.

I got tired of the bench clutter and digging thru bins for stuff so, I made myself some "pencil drawers" for under the benches. One for most of my tools and one for all my sanding items.

Some 1/2" plywood for the drawer box and bottom. The dividers are 1/4" MDF with the tops rounded over and they are recessed into the plywood bottom @ a 1/8", with a router bit and, secured with some glue. The drawer fronts are 3/4" red oak stained with Provincial stain and two coats of satin poly gloss, with a sanding between coats. The drawers have full extension glides on them.

Now if I could just get the rest of the room re-done.

Very nice! I have done some organizing in my shop with HobbyZone modules, but I need to do something like that.

Vern