Tamiya 1/48 HE 219 OOB

Grabbed this kit to practice my airbrushing.  Made up markings for a late war 219.  Earlier Tamiya mold from the mid-90's...good kit with just a few little areas to watch out for. 

Fun build of a cool looking aircraft that was before it's time.

Cheers

Collin

rzjqQeu.jpg

POoTYll.jpg

EMNZopE.jpg

UmwpJMC.jpg

IDoZYPc.jpg

TJVv1HR.jpg

GMVcLc0.jpg

bLeny4h.jpg

weRM1uf.jpg

Collin,

That came out great!  I like that green over the original scheme.  Looks like your paint skills were up to the task.  I just got this kit, what are the areas to watch out for that you mention?

Thanks,

Rodney

Neat aircraft. Aside from the paint job would you consider this a weekend kit?

I dunno why but the last 24 hours I've all of a sudden been attracted to this, the BF-110, the ME-410, and the 109s. Like literally out of nowhere. Never ever wanted to own or build an Axis aircraft before. Now I want like 4 or 5 of them. 

6 hours ago, Whiskey said:

Neat aircraft. Aside from the paint job would you consider this a weekend kit?

I dunno why but the last 24 hours I've all of a sudden been attracted to this, the BF-110, the ME-410, and the 109s. Like literally out of nowhere. Never ever wanted to own or build an Axis aircraft before. Now I want like 4 or 5 of them. 

This is a larger kit so a little more than a weekend. The in progress section shows my progression through the build. The only tricky part of this build are the engine nacelles. Take your time gluing them. You are still going to have a seam on the rear side of each nacelles (and the rear of the nacelles have a cone piece as well). Not a big deal since there are no panel lines back there and you can sand using putty or CA and make everything smooth. The leading edge of the wing and the engine cowling have a small step that needs to be sanded smooth. Hard to explain but when you build the kit you will see. 

Other than that, the rest of the kit is great. I kept the wings off until painting/decaling/weathering was done.   They slid/snapped right in. 

Cheers

Collin

Edited by Collin