Hasegawa 1/48 Douglas A-4H Skyhawk

My project to complete all the Hasegawa Skyhawks in my stash is now complete. This is their A-4H with Quickboost resin cannons (although the barrels were replaced by Albion Alloys brass tubing) and Armycast decals. A longer build article is at https://jonbryon.com/hasegawa-1-48-douglas-a-4h-skyhawk/, but the TL;DR is:

Built mainly from the box with some small modifications (filled in leading edge slat wells, some parts removed/filled in, fin on leading edge of tail added from plastic card). Paint is mostly Mr Color except for the green, which is MRP. All of the camouflage is free-handed, not with my usual Iwata Custom Micron, but with an H&S Evolution for a softer demarcation. The finish is Tamiya XF-86 that was thinned about 50/50 with Mr Rapid Thinner. 

There's lots wrong with it - I wish I'd faired in the intake lips properly, the canopy isn't installed very well, and there are the faltering first steps of doing some oil paint rendering - but I'm happy enough with it in the display case.

Thanks for looking and comments welcome.

Jon

a4h_39m.jpg

a4h_67.jpg

a4h_61.jpg

a4h_55m.jpg

a4h_50m.jpg

a4h_65.jpg

a4h_70.jpg

a4h_62.jpg

a4h_46-1.jpg

a4h_63.jpg

a4h_47m.jpg

a4h_36m.jpg

a4h_51m.jpg

a4h_58m.jpg

a4h_54m.jpg

a4h_60.jpg

a4h_64.jpg

a4h_59m.jpg

a4h_48-1.jpg

a4h_31.jpg

a4h_33.jpg

Edited by jonbryon

Jon,

Got a kick at reading your detailed build on this model. In particularly, the last paragraph

in which you'd described your relief in finally being finished with your Skyhawk stash. But,

then you became distracted by the fine looking Girlish-figure of the, "Scooter" as so often

been the case - with many modelers before you having discovered. Perhaps the "Scooter

Stash" will be resurrected... by the way, great looking model - loved what you did with it!!!

Jon wrote:

"When I set out on this project to clear all the Skyhawks from my stash, I thought I'd be sick of them by the end and never want to see another. And that is sort of the case. But it is such a great looking aircraft, and I think the schemes are so fantastic, and I derive so much pleasure from looking at them in the display case, that were Hasegawa to release an accurate A-4A, I would jump at it. And maybe an OA-4M, too. And maybe an accutate A-4N, too. And maybe..."

• 2 weeks later...