what magnifier lamp/ magnification?

I'm looking at magnifier lamps on amazon and see multiple levels of magnification.  perhaps 5x is good?   for my model bench. for cockpit gauges/ indicator needles etc...

what does the ARC team say?  thanks

2.25% magnification?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VZVZYGF/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=AMXRCOC0Z353K&psc=1

considering this one too:  51jcnmWrUCL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Edited by Bounce

I recommend a desk lamp with a 1600 lumen LED daylight bulb and Optivisors with a DA-5 lens plate. I also have a DA-10 lens plate, but the focal length means I only use it for the smallest detail work.

I found a Luxo task light at a great price on eBay. The thing is huuuge, but it works really well.

14 hours ago, dnl42 said:

I recommend a desk lamp with a 1600 lumen LED daylight bulb and Optivisors with a DA-5 lens plate. I also have a DA-10 lens plate, but the focal length means I only use it for the smallest detail work.

I found a Luxo task light at a great price on eBay. The thing is huuuge, but it works really well.

Can you post a link to the one you bought?  Thanks

Bob

I have a Luxo L-1 task light with the heavy desk base. It came with an incandescent bulb--it was a while ago--but a 1600 lumen LED daylight (5000K) bulb is perfect!

The NIB lamp was sold for dimes on the dollar by some liquidation outfit on eBay. I assume from a store that went out of business.

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, AlienFrogModeller said:

1.  Can I replace my CFL bulb (just burnt out) with a LED?

Yes, but may require messing with the wiring. See some here:

https://www.amazon.com/SOLARA-USA-Brightest-Circline-8-inch-Magnifying/dp/B01C3WUXLS/ref=sr_1_17?dchild=1&keywords=led%2Bbulb%2Bfor%2Bmagnifier%2Blamp&qid=1589382313&s=hi&sr=1-17&th=1

Scroll down to see some more, click on the other ones to see more options. It doesn't look to be a plug and play procedure.

38 minutes ago, Mstor said:

Yes, but may require messing with the wiring. See some here:

https://www.amazon.com/SOLARA-USA-Brightest-Circline-8-inch-Magnifying/dp/B01C3WUXLS/ref=sr_1_17?dchild=1&keywords=led%2Bbulb%2Bfor%2Bmagnifier%2Blamp&qid=1589382313&s=hi&sr=1-17&th=1

Scroll down to see some more, click on the other ones to see more options. It doesn't look to be a plug and play procedure.

Sir,

Thank you!!

Cheers

AFM